My new used car 2018 Avalon

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Avalon has quite a bit of torque steer when you jump on it. But I didn't buy it to jump on it
smile.gif

Sure, problem is torque steer and slick conditions do not go together.

Originally Posted by edyvw
The Avalon has quite a bit of torque steer when you jump on it. But I didn't buy it to jump on it
smile.gif

I disagree. The problem is driving out of control in slick conditions. I don't plan on putting my foot that deep into the pedal to get the torque steer when conditions are slick.
Is that how YOU drive? I doubt it. I'm an adult. Torque steer is controlled by my right foot. I can drive my own car thank you. I have a Blazer for slick conditions.

Heck how did I grow up and drive in my teens with rear wheel drive cars? It's a wonder I'm still alive LMAO

Last edited:
Originally Posted by blueglide88
Originally Posted by edyvw
smile.gif

I disagree. The problem is driving out of control in slick conditions. I don't plan on putting my foot that deep into the pedal to get the torque steer when conditions are slick.
Is that how YOU drive? I doubt it. I'm an adult. Torque steer is controlled by my right foot. I can drive my own car thank you. I have a Blazer for slick conditions.

I am saying torque in slick conditions is sometimes an issue.
But I agree about right foot, when it comes to drivers of Avalon, my concern with them is driving 30mph below speed limit in left lane and 10 second braking reaction.

Last edited:
blueglide88, that car is a beauty! I'm sure you'll put a lot of reliable miles on it in the years to come.
Enjoy and best of luck!

Originally Posted by supton
You sure you are smelling your own car? I mean, the whole point of the exhaust system is to put the exhaust behind you so that it doesn't wind up in the cabin. You sure you aren't smelling other people's cars?

100% sure, every time you step on the gas hard it reeks bad. I put about 300 miles a week on it, sometimes more.

They do have a lot of torque steer. Here's a 0-60 we did, just to see what it'll do. I eased into it and it's not in Sport mode.

Originally Posted by Nick1994
Originally Posted by supton
You sure you are smelling your own car? I mean, the whole point of the exhaust system is to put the exhaust behind you so that it doesn't wind up in the cabin. You sure you aren't smelling other people's cars?

100% sure, every time you step on the gas hard it reeks bad. I put about 300 miles a week on it, sometimes more.

They do have a lot of torque steer. Here's a 0-60 we did, just to see what it'll do. I eased into it and it's not in Sport mode.

I heard question recently whether new 3.5 V6TT that will replace 5.7 V8 be installed in HL, Camry, Avalon etc. Those cars would need three lanes to accelerate with turbo engine to 60
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back