My new toy :)

I see this on Amazon too ..

Attachments

• 51r0IfZaauL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
    51r0IfZaauL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 12
Nice bike and a good price, congrats!
I question the validity of spending money to add a bit of power to this thing, I would just buy a bigger bike, but I'm sure you will enjoy the project.

SAE stands for Society of Automotive Engineers. They set the methodology and tests for oil grades. If there is no SAE symbol, the oil viscosity grade may be something totally different from the SAE standard.
Since it already came with exhaust/intake mods, the only thing I bought (just ordered) is a Powertronics FuelX Lite EFI module. 390 owners rave about it ..

Nice Bike, I've toyed with the idea of getting one.

KTMs in general have a reputation for being hard on oil, not sure if that applies to this specific bike.

They recommend Motorex FWIW.

Id probably just run M1 15/50 or Racing 4t.

How's the exhaust? KTM sells an Akrapovic I like.

Nice Bike, I've toyed with the idea of getting one.

KTMs in general have a reputation for being hard on oil, not sure if that applies to this specific bike.

They recommend Motorex FWIW.

Id probably just run M1 15/50 or Racing 4t.

How's the exhaust? KTM sells an Akrapovic I like.
The exhaust sounds really nice. A throaty low rumble until you hit above 6K, then it has a nice bark. No desire at all to go to a catless system.

Awesome. I’ve had my eye on the Duke 390 for some time… it’s not fast (top end) but it’s great on gas and handles better than any liter bike.

Beautiful bike! Ride safe, and ride often!
I am guilty of this but I got hooked into the fun of going fast rather that just for the pleasure of the ride.

Wow real nice bike, Ill take one!
I wouldnt hesitate to use;
Mobil 1 15w50 from Walmart. (5 qt jug)
Quicksilver 15w50 from Amazon which is $35 for a 4 qt jug) motorcycle specific oil
Mystik JT8 15w50 semi syn (8 qt jug) from Oreilly, Blains Farm and Fleet

Wow real nice bike, Ill take one!
I wouldnt hesitate to use;
Mobil 1 15w50 from Walmart. (5 qt jug)
Quicksilver 15w50 from Amazon which is $35 for a 4 qt jug) motorcycle specific oil
Mystik JT8 15w50 semi syn (8 qt jug) from Oreilly, Blains Farm and Fleet
Ha .. I have on hand:
1.) 2 qts left from M1 15w50 jug
2.) 4 qts left from Mystic JT8 15w50 jug
3.) 1 qt Quicksilver 15w50 m/c specific

unless you ride-start your bike in very cold temps 15-50 is GREAT + what i use in my classic 2018 + 19 triumphs + my 2013 Victory, i like synthetic or synthetic blends that are 50-50 + most cheaper synthetics are fake from crude oils, wet clutch or not + the weather you ride in determines best oil choices. sure there are motorcyclists on this forum BUT you will likely learn more on a KTM 390 specific forum especially if you are a DIY to save $$$$ + enjoy it as i do

Back