My new "to me" truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been wanting a cheap truck for a while. Picked this up from a business for $1800
tongue.gif

1999 F150 longbed, 71,000 miles, 4.2 V6, 5 speed, no options at all. In other words, perfect !! Apparently businesses are allowed to write off a vehicle for so many years, they just bought a new truck and I got this. New engine and transmission oil, oil and air filters, washed out everything (was driven a lot on dirt road) also I'm not sure about the maintanence so I'm in the rinse phase of Auto-RX.

-

-

-

That does sound like a wonderful deal. I have a 97 F-150 and I love it, I wouldnt trade it for the world. It just keeps on going. A word of advice, being that you are not sure of the maitnance, I will assume that tie rod ends and ball joints are original, dont hesitate to have them inspected if you feel the littlest imperfection in steering. Ford made a boo boo on these and they are known to break with little or no play in them.

Congrats, that looks mighty good, *especially* for less than $2 K!
grin.gif
Since you're a fellow Texan, let's hope it at least has A/C. If not, well, somehow we used to survive without it, & I'm sure you can too.

Good catch.
patriot.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back