My new job and office!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started my new job this week and these are a few pics of my office and what I do.
smile.gif
I'm a MCSA and work for a pretty large hopstial 11PM-7AM. I'm excited cause I spent alot of time studying and it's finally paying off with a job in IS like I've always wanted, so that's why I'm posting these.
smile.gif
Sorry if the quality is crappy, I used my cell phone.

This is my test area. I pull brand new computers out of the box and set them up so that all the software, interfaces, menus, ect are setup exactly like the one it is replacing. You'd be shocked how much someone screams when something as simple as a shortcut is missing.
grin.gif

-

This is a pic of one of them that I finished. Tiny little P4 boxes from DELL with 1GB of memory. We have about 75 of these on hand still in the box to be setup.
 -

And finally a glared picture of my office door.
grin.gif

-

Congratulations on your new job. What is MCSA? Interesting hours, I'm not really a late night person. Nice compact computers, doesn't take too much space unlike the towers cases.

quote:

Originally posted by moribundman:
So, Goldfinger, tell us, do you have an Odd Job?
wink.gif

m'man, That is SO BAD it's GOOD. Gf, congratulations on your new job. I know you will never get irritated when a setup is particularly challenging because a hospital is usually filled with...um-m-m-m...patience...er patients.

PS I think they should get to know you better before the start calling you the "Suite 1"

Thanks guys. I've been applying for different IS jobs for over 2 years and I finally got one so I want to do my best at it. I guess the Odd Job part depends on who you ask, and unfortunatly there are no hot chicks to drive around in my BMW (ok, no BMW either)
smile.gif
MCSA is Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator, still working on Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer.

The hours are kindof cruddy, I get home at 8AM and sleep til 2 or 3PM, then leave for work at 10PM. I've had 2PM-11PM hours at a job before and that really sucked, basically I slept til 11AM and I had no time to do anything.

gf,

A lot of working people aren't doing what they REALLY want to do...you are blessed! To your credit, a lot of people also aren't commited to doing their very best like you are...good on ya.
cheers.gif

That's great, it sounds like that hospital is run pretty well on the admin side.

Having a guy "sneak" in overnights and leaving brand new computers, better, faster, stronger, with all the data where it was when the user left that evening. Then they can get back to work where they left off.

Plus you'll get into a scheduled routine where you do your own thing and don't have to report directly to the end user when they do something idiotic.

extremely off topic..

Do you mind telling me the brand of the cell phone that you took the pictures with. I am currently shopping for a cell phone. I liked the quality of the picture. Thanks

quote:

Originally posted by eljefino:
That's great, it sounds like that hospital is run pretty well on the admin side.

Having a guy "sneak" in overnights and leaving brand new computers, better, faster, stronger, with all the data where it was when the user left that evening. Then they can get back to work where they left off.

Plus you'll get into a scheduled routine where you do your own thing and don't have to report directly to the end user when they do something idiotic.

That's the idea at least... to have the replacement computer configured the same as the origional. Every user has a network drive to save their important stuff to (word docs, excel, ect). But that doesn't mean they use it.
rolleyes.gif

They also have an AS/400 system which does nothing but throw errors all night long trying to print the end of day.
frown.gif
Learning it will be the hardest part for me since I have no experience with it.

znamya, the phone is a Motorola V551 (Cingular Only). My previous job was selling cell phones so I got to play with all of them and the V551 is the best in my opinion.

Congrats on the job!

Not so congrats on the AS/400. IBM "Yesterday's technology today!" LOL

Are you all Windows? Any Linux? Unix? Mac? What imaging/cloning do you use? I'm using Novell's Zenworks Imaging as it runs circles around anything I've used, including Ghost.

Again, Congrats!
cheers.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back