My New G (Test)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My new car which will be treated better thanks to BITOG
grin.gif

-

cheers.gif

Very nice. Here is my oil choice for this little beast: GC/M1 0w-40/Amsoil 5w-40. I believe the 3.5 Nissan's like a high 30/low 40wt oil. Correct me if I'm wrong. Good luck with it.

quote:

Originally posted by buster:
Very nice. Here is my oil choice for this little beast: GC/M1 0w-40/Amsoil 5w-40. I believe the 3.5 Nissan's like a high 30/low 40wt oil. Correct me if I'm wrong. Good luck with it.

That sounds like a good plan. Correct me if I'm wrong about this; I've read that those engines (VQ-35) can be a little hard on bearings, since that's a lot of power out of a V-6, so a 40 weight oil should be about right.

Very nice! Love that color! So is this your second one? Or did you pick the username before you got the car?

Thanks for the compliments guys...It's an automatic since I don't feel like shifting in morning traffic
tongue.gif
Besides on this particular car, the auto is as fast as the stick (much easier to gun it and go).

You guys are correct about the oil- this engine likes the thicker stuff or at least I've heard. Will do some UOA's later on to find out.

Patman- I actually got the car several days after I created my username, so this is my first one
grin.gif
Have had it for 3 months now and love every minute of it. I hope that I can keep it looking like your corvette though
worshippy.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Twilight_Blue_G35c:
Thanks for the compliments guys...It's an automatic since I don't feel like shifting in morning traffic
tongue.gif
Besides on this particular car, the auto is as fast as the stick (much easier to gun it and go).

My Vette is automatic too, I also don't feel like shifting during rush hour traffic, and plus the automatic Corvettes are also just as quick, if not quicker than most 6 speed cars. One time when I was at the strip running 13.4s all night, I was hanging out with a guy with a new 2004 Corvette 6 speed who couldn't even break into the 13s at all (he couldn't get the hang of launching with the manual)

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:

quote:

Originally posted by Twilight_Blue_G35c:
tongue.gif

My Vette is automatic too, I also don't feel like shifting during rush hour traffic, and plus the automatic Corvettes are also just as quick, if not quicker than most 6 speed cars. One time when I was at the strip running 13.4s all night, I was hanging out with a guy with a new 2004 Corvette 6 speed who couldn't even break into the 13s at all (he couldn't get the hang of launching with the manual)

Sounds like the guy with the six speed should be going to take a driving course. If you can't launch a six speed vette through the 1320 in less time than an auto, you've got issues. Getting down to consistent bracket numbers is also important, and more difficult with three pedals, but not *that* difficult.
grin.gif

I'm AWD though, so i just dump & go.
tongue.gif
Traction problems. psh!

I found most people at the dragstrip with 6 speed cars cannot get as good of an ET as someone in the same car but in automatic. I would run 13.6s and 13.7s in my old automatic 95 Formula, while 6 speed LT1 f-bodies would be lucky to run 13.9s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back