My new favorite Christmas ad: daughter restores her Mom's 1966 Impala for her father

The year's new Chevrolet TV commercial is my favorite of this holiday season. Daughter sees her Dad reminiscing about her deceased mother's 1966 Impala convertible gathering dust in the barn. She decides to have a local shop restore the car to surprise her Dad for Christmas. Just an awesome ad by GM. As good as the usual holiday ads from Anheuser Busch and Miller beer.

Last edited:
"Ahh yes, our cars of 55 years ago were great, weren't they", says Chevy....I mean, that's what they're saying, right?
{playful, ad industry ribbing joke; nothing sacrilegious intended}

That’s the thing with car people. We’re probably all going to be there someday. Either the person left to sit in the car and remember or the person in the picture.

The year's new Chevrolet TV commercial is my favorite of this holiday season. Daughter sees her Dad reminiscing about her deceased mother's 1966 Impala convertible gathering dust in the barn. She decides to have a local shop restore the car to surprise her Dad for Christmas. Just an awesome ad by GM. As good as the usual holiday ads from Anheuser Busch and Miller beer.

I've seen it a half a dozen times, and tears still come to my eyes.

Back