My new 2000 Acura RL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Small update on the Acura RL my siblings gave me. 100% completely dealership maintained.
I mentioned this car a while ago but cannot find the post. The "search" function on this board is fruitless.
The car has 158,700 miles on it and runs perfectly.

The front of the engine is a source of oil leaks. I intend to remove the front splash shield and give it a good cleaning/look.
Maybe I'll find loose bolts.

What bugs me is that the car had a head gasket job at a dealership just before I got it.
The car rattles for 3-4 seconds upon startup. I want to swap over to a 0W30 or 0W-40 to replace the 5W-30 spec oil.

Also, I found an Acura shop manual at Books4cars.com which is on its way.

Anybody have any thoughts on the 3.5l engine?

I know I'm a little scattered at this time with my questions.

NEXT TASK: Going through the stack (20 years worth) of itemized receipts to see what was done and when.

George, good luck with the new to you RL. Another one you can use those Castrol SFX filters for.

My wife had a 1998 RL with the same motor, We bought it new and kept it for 9 years and 150K miles before selling it to a family member. The only issue we had was a stuck rear brake caliper when the car was parked outside in PA and not being used daily. The motor never consumed oil. It was a nice highway cruiser, big and roomy inside but not a great driver's car. We never changed the shocks/struts or any steering or suspension parts, just the timing belt and water pump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back