My NC750X has a lil brother now

I drove 6 hours round trip to pick it up today. I been looking to buy one for the last year and a half. My three local big dealers had a list 20 deep with a required $500 deposit, and maybe got a few over the last year. Then one of them had a $2K markup on them. I been checking Motohunt daily and small dealers in BFE were constantly getting ones. I called one of those dealers to see if the unit was sold, and it was. I asked to put my name on the list, they said sure, no deposit required. Not two weeks later they called me and said come pick it up. I rented an Uhaul cargo van and picked it up today.

MSRP $3,999
Freight $300
Set up $100
TTL $559
$4859 OTD + $333 Uhaul/gas

I saved well over $1K-$2K compared to my local dealers.

F415EC39-8073-4825-B1C8-519CA0F7EAA1.jpeg
C6CBEE9F-626B-4CC5-BBBD-C71036ACF015.jpeg
466E877D-4952-4432-B0E6-DC0DA2D70B8D.jpeg

If it has the Low/High range like the classic Trail 90 did, then these things are pretty much unstoppable as far as trail riding goes. They will go up any hill and can get into water that is deep all the way to the seat height. These little motorcycles may not look the part, but are very capable off roaders.

Very cool toy! I grew up with a CT90, while it was not quite as good as the legend may claim it was. There is no question that the CT90 was a whole bunch of fun for a full decade. And without a doubt, the absolute best times were had on it vs the other bikes. I grew up in Wilton CT, and would sneak around (it was pretty quiet compared to my 2 strokes) ride the woods, lift it over trees, climb the stupidly steep rocky trails around the reservoirs and when it could not quite do it, in low range, I'd help by pushing! Which was actually a feasible thing for this bike, as it was so light and small, with effort it could go places that bigger bikes could not.

For a teenager this also meant I could carry around friends of the opposite gender, all over town. Kind of funny really, because the girls never thought the bike was cool, until they learned to ride it. Then they got it. I would take that bike everywhere. If someone saw it, they knew it was me. I think I overhauled it 3x.

I wish you an equally good time on your Trail 125.

Last edited:
I had a CT70 when I was young, and lusted over the old Trail 90.
The new 125 is calling me, taunting me ...

So very jealous!

Well I just sold it for a $1000 profit. I guess I had rose tinted glasses on regarding the Trail. I been wanting one for a year and a half and I finally buy one and I didn’t like it. I didn’t like the ergonomics and transmission. This has been my life the last year. Trying it buy a car and motorcycle sight unseen and then when you finally test drive it, you don’t like it. The guy that bought it said the local dealer had one and was asking $7500 OTD. That’s without tax because of Oregon. He was very happy to pay what I sold it for.

I have an original trail 90. We dig it out of the garage and ride it around the neighbor hood now and then The internals of the muffler rusted out so I used a shiney new VW Beetle tailpipe and inserted it inside the muffler housing. Put some new tires and tubes on it from J.C. Whitney and away we go.. Its a fun little ride. I gutted a computer battery to make a lithium battery for it and it holds a charge now for over a year.

Off topic how do you like the NC 750x? I've been looking at bikes again now that my boys are adults. My last bike was a Kawasaki Concours. I like the upright seating position, how is the wind protection?

I like the NC and the low center of gravity. With the engine at a 20% angle and the fuel tank under the seat, it so easy to maneuver. i do get wind buffering at highway speeds with the stock windshield, Honda does make a taller windshield for this bike. The DCT version is more popular then the 6 speed and are really hard to find.

I have the NC700X and it is a wonderful bike to ride around on. Smooth power delivery throughout the RPM range.
It has a lazy 50 HP, so if you are looking for something exciting and snappy, look elsewhere.

Well I just sold it for a $1000 profit. I guess I had rose tinted glasses on regarding the Trail. I been wanting one for a year and a half and I finally buy one and I didn’t like it. I didn’t like the ergonomics and transmission. This has been my life the last year. Trying it buy a car and motorcycle sight unseen and then when you finally test drive it, you don’t like it. The guy that bought it said the local dealer had one and was asking $7500 OTD. That’s without tax because of Oregon. He was very happy to pay what I sold it for.
Interesting, what was it that you did not like?

The seating position. My back killed me. I rolled the handlebars forward and it helped a little. It felt like I was doing crunches when I was riding. The transmission has N on the bottom and 4 up. Just didn’t like it.

Back