My Napa Pro Select filters are Made in China...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought 3 Made in China Napa Pro Select 21334 filters for my Sonata while vacationning in Maine last summer for only $2.69 US each after reading about them on BITOG.

Should I fear their lower quality, inferior materials or manufacturing relative to their Made in USA counterparts?

Can Pete c or other experts chime in...

Last edited:
Three of the last four Pro Selects I've cut apart have had gross media failures. All were used for reasonable drain intervals. I did not think to look where they were made, I assumed they were still made in the US. Coincidently, (or not) I live in Maine.

Originally Posted By: GrampsintheSand
Poor quality and China go hand in hand across product verticals.
We have already seen poor quality Chinese filters and pics of those filters posted here.

I couldn't locate that topic you're referring to.

I hope companies like WIX read these threads and see that people are taking issue, and shopping elsewhere when they farm out their production to China.

I remember Pete said that the NAPA Pro-select or Nascar series filters were made to NAPA specifications, so maybe not an accurate reflection on Wix overall, but low spec from Napa caused Wix to source all or some of these from China for NAPA's value line.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette

Why should they continue to make them in the USA if they can produce it cheaper in another country ?

Because the quality goes down the toilet.

Probably 99% of the consumers don't care or have a clue that the stuff they purchase is imported or do the consumers care about quality . It is rare person who cares.

Originally Posted By: Steve S
Probably 99% of the consumers don't care or have a clue that the stuff they purchase is imported or do the consumers care about quality . It is rare person who cares.

Very true. Which is why we have the "Walmart Society" and why North American manufacturing is headed the way of the Dodo.

Korean car.... Chinese filters....

I guess I don't see a huge issue here.

(However the Korean car may have been built in Alabama)

So the ChampLab oil filters made in Mexico are lower quality than the filters made in the USA ?
54.gif

I would NOT worry about an oil filter made in China.

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
Korean car.... Chinese filters....

I guess I don't see a huge issue here.

(However the Korean car may have been built in Alabama)

My particular issue is with the quality (or lack thereof) of much that is produced in China.

There ARE quality products produced there. But those are by companies with substantial money invested in QC. Most seem not to have made that investment and so we end up with cases of WIX filters with buggered threads that make it to market as an example.

They farm out their production to increase the profit landing in their pockets and end up with sub-par products.

I didn't look into where they were made, but my close friend and I stopped using NAPA filters after two consecutive Pro Select filters had loose internals after use in his Tribute.

Why should they continue to make them in the USA if they can produce it cheaper in another country ?

This is one of the reasons out economy sucks. CEO's realize they can put more coin in their pocket if they outsource to China or some other country. Price stay's the same, we lose jobs and CEO's get richer.

Originally Posted By: sparkplug

This is one of the reasons out economy sucks. CEO's realize they can put more coin in their pocket if they outsource to China or some other country. Price stay's the same, we lose jobs and CEO's get richer.

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back