My latest short story is up --

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you working on a feature length novel? This worked well for the short read.
thumbsup2.gif

Thanks, Gary!

"Feature length" is a good way to put it; I like to think of my stuff in movie terms. No, I don't have a novel in the works about these two characters or that period. Despite only being in grammar school at the time, I know a lot about The Other Sixties (the Kennedy era) from research -- but it would take a lot more for a novel. I'm working on a modern-day mystery, and taking on the challenge of writing from a woman's point of view (!).

So far, the members of my critique group are buying it. . . .

Quote:
and taking on the challenge of writing from a woman's point of view (!).

My wife uses the public library a good bit and suspense/mystery novels are her main yen. I read them from time to time..usually when she recommends them. I often find it interesting when I figure out that the gender of the author and the main character aren't the same ..and I didn't have a clue. I usually just pick them up and read them. I don't examine them (read the cover or the jackets) ahead of time. I'm kinda numb in that regard. I guess I'd make a poor wine taster ..but a grand wine drinker ..so to speak.
grin2.gif

Gary, you and your wife sound like just the kind of readers I'm aiming for.

Most mystery series today bore me, because the author shows little imagination. The writer (usually female) is a former or current librarian/caterer/bird watcher who lives in a small town; the detective (usually female) is a current librarian/caterer/bird watcher who lives in a small town, etc. Where's the fun in that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back