My Last GC Pilgramage, plus inside info on AutoZone's GC ordering scheme...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, the big sale is about over, so I made my final run for GC. Four cases stored and I picked up four more today, wow. I talked to another AZ manager after I found a random case traveling through Berwick PA. He said that yes, he can order anything and would do so for anyone, but Corporate sends a suggested order to them. This contradicts what I was told at place #2 yesterday where I was snubbed, but it is the *same* story as place #1 where they originally started ordering for me, 12 cases ago. So yes, they CAN get it! I guess if someone provided their internal item number it would make it easier for the Zoners to place the order. What was interesting is that GC is replenished AUTOMATICLY to stores where it HAS sold. Kinda dumb rather than trying to ship to more places to test-market. If you can get them to order, you will have an unlimited supply.

Pscholte, if you want to get this stuff in your car now, let me know. I will ship you a case at the sale price because you are a cool guy and your posts are informative.
grin.gif
Otherwise, I will also put a case on EBay for fun! (can I say that here?
smile.gif
dunno.gif

Am I reading this right, you've got over 12 cases of this oil now? Holy cow! I thought I was bad, having 44L of it.
smile.gif

Patman, with 48q here and 12q in-service looks like I am Top Dog until I loose 2 cases to whoever wants them. 3 years worth of oil is enough for me. I figure GC in Sept and Jan, thicker Rotella in May, 7500 miles on each.

[ October 03, 2003, 08:26 PM: Message edited by: TSoA ]

Probally not hard to get the number, same as 'ol Yeller, I guess. I have to exchange 2 OY when the next GC shipment comes in, I will try to get it then. Another member might have it available too.

quote:

Originally posted by TSoA:
Pscholte, if you want to get this stuff in your car now, let me know. I will ship you a case at the sale price because you are a cool guy and your posts are informative.
grin.gif
Otherwise, I will also put a case on EBay for fun! (can I say that here?
smile.gif
dunno.gif

TSoA,

You are extremely kind! I must not have made myself clear. I HAVE been able to get beaucoup de GC. What my posts were trying to convey was the way the staff at various Autozones have conveyed their corporate ordering process to me and I was offering that as info to those who had not been able to find it at all. I want you to know I do appreciate your offer had I needed to take advantage of it; hope your Ebay venture is "productive."
cheers.gif

[ October 03, 2003, 08:45 PM: Message edited by: pscholte ]

quote:

Originally posted by 97tbird:
Tsoa,

So What is this internal part number for GC that we should give the AutoZoners, so that they can order it?

97tbird,

UPN (barcode) is
code:

0 79191 00068 7

I am told this is the same number as is on Old Yeller, so an order would have to have some "human intervention" to ensure the warehouse looked for the "Made in Germany" on the case or bottle label. Hope you find.

Pscholte,

you're amazing, a few seconds before/after I posted my question about the part no., tyou answered...i'll try it..thanks.
Vielen, vielen Dank!

I'm getting a little crazy for this stuff, but don't knwo what to look for!! Can someone post a picture of the lable / bottle / case so I know what to look for (or perhaps what not to look for?)

quote:

I HAVE been able

Oh, I misunderstood. I thought in a recent post you said "I wish I could get it as easily as you guys". I felt I have been lucky in the GC department and have read plenty of "I want the green stuff" posts of guys who live in So Dakota or somewhere who drive 10 hours on GC quests. Anyway, if anyone else is patient enough to still be reading my posts and wants a brick of GC, I have one for a board member and one for "the rest of the World" on Ebay. Figure $26+ shipping.

I found five quarts at the AutoZone in Pueblo, Colorado. M023386BTAG785 2000. What does all of that stuff mean?

quote:

Originally posted by Randy:
I'm getting a little crazy for this stuff, but don't knwo what to look for!! Can someone post a picture of the lable / bottle / case so I know what to look for (or perhaps what not to look for?)

Ask and you shall receive: Front label has 0W30 in a red block and back looks like this--->
 -

It has GOT to say MADE IN GERMANY. Gutes Glück.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back