My kid's Olds - punched in the eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was closing the shop last night when my wife called and told me my oldest (with my youngest riding shotgun) was in an accident. The kids are OK as they were going slow and the bags did not deploy.

She was driving home with my son and someone cut out in front of the 2014 F350 in front of her and she unfortunately bumped into him. Damage was minimal on the 350, just the bumper, and the Ciera was hit above the bumper in the grill and folded the hood a bit. It also took out a headlight and radiator support, although When I arrived, the car was still idling away waiting for AAA with no leakage at all. I could have driven her the one mile home, but the officer already called and it was probably better off until I could check it out at home.

I have already located a nose from my junk yard parts guy, but am just glad the kids are OK (phew!...). I will say I'm impressed with how the Olds only came away with a black eye from an F350 crew.

No. She doesn't use the phone while driving, and certainly doesn't text. She's actually a good driver, capable of driving my off road toys and she's been riding ATV's for 16 years.

It seemed more of a circumstance where a new one ton truck had better brakes than her 20 year old Olds in traffic.

When I read your title I thought for a moment your kid was punched in the eye! Glad that's not the case and that your kids are OK.

Some of these new cars and trucks have amazing braking power. My new focus out stops our pt cruiser and my old Saturn by a mile. Technology is a good thing it these cases except when older tech is following newer tech and these types of deals happen .

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
I've never associated a part of a vehicle with 'punched' or 'eye'.
The title to this thread is very deceiving.

Exactly!

I for one demand the "punched eye" quota be satisfied immediately by the OP picking a fight with a MMA or Boxing champ.

Originally Posted By: Zaedock

It seemed more of a circumstance where a new one ton truck had better brakes than her 20 year old Olds in traffic.

Yeah, that's starting to be a factor more and more, as people come to COUNT on ABS and traction/stability controls for day-to-day maneuvers. They forget that the guy behind them might now have ABS and 15" brake rotors. :-/

Originally Posted By: Thermo1223

Exactly!

I for one demand the "punched eye" quota be satisfied immediately by the OP picking a fight with a MMA or Boxing champ.

Geez guys, I don't know how my thread is "deceiving". Many people refer to car head lights as "eyes" and the Olds has been in my sig for a long time. To me it looks like it was punched in the eye.
21.gif

As far as picking a fight, as a martial artist I actually spent a lot of time in the ring in my youth and would have no problem with some friendly competition with someone my age.
Given your demand for immediate satisfaction, feel free to come on up and we can go a couple rounds. I'll try to be gentle. LOL
07.gif

Originally Posted By: R80RS
When I read your title I thought for a moment your kid was punched in the eye! Glad that's not the case and that your kids are OK.

Well, sorry about that guys. Even when I stopped to see her, my daughter said her car looked like it was punched in the eye. I thought it would be a cool title. My bad.
If I posted a pic, you'd probably agree. Perhaps I'll upload one.

Originally Posted By: 440Magnum

Yeah, that's starting to be a factor more and more, as people come to COUNT on ABS and traction/stability controls for day-to-day maneuvers. They forget that the guy behind them might now have ABS and 15" brake rotors. :-/

Why worry about the guy behind you? Shouldn't they know how their own brakes work?

I'd be more worried about road surface changing and finding one beyond what grip the tires can provide.

Originally Posted By: Thermo1223

Exactly!

Geez guys, I don't know how my thread is "deceiving". Many people refer to car head lights as "eyes" and the Olds has been in my sig for a long time. To me it looks like it was punched in the eye.
21.gif

As far as picking a fight, as a martial artist I actually spent a lot of time in the ring in my youth and would have no problem with some friendly competition with someone my age.
Given your demand for immediate satisfaction, feel free to come on up and we can go a couple rounds. I'll try to be gentle. LOL
07.gif

Glad you took it in jest, lol

Sadly it is Monday and I am far to sober to win(or think I can) any fights
laugh.gif

As far as picking a fight, as a martial artist I actually spent a lot of time in the ring in my youth and would have no problem with some friendly competition with someone my age. Given your demand for immediate satisfaction, feel free to come on up and we can go a couple rounds. I'll try to be gentle. LOL
07.gif

Always makes me remember this scene:
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: 440Magnum

My Cherokee has super small rotors and larger tires. I always make sure to give myself more than enough room to safely stop it ... because the person head of me isn't thinking about whether or not my Jeep can stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back