My July 1st Maverick order has arrived..........

Hermann

Site Donor 2023
Got a call from the dealer that the Maverick Hybrid ordered July 1st has arrived. I plan to go test drive it on Wednesday. Assuming there are no shenanigans' by the dealer it should cost me $27,027 +$199 admin fee.

At this time unless the Maverick just blows me away, I probably won't buy it for me. I have the cash to purchase it outright, I could take it to Carvana or CarMax and see what it will bring.

Another option would be to trade the Venza if I like the Maverick, who's current value is $34000 as of last night. My aim would be to add accessories from the Dealer to bring the values closer. $1000 hard bed cover, splash guards, bed mat, rooftop spoiler, front window tint to match the rear windows, negotiate a tire swap for Michelin CC 2's and other possibilties.

My 3rd and very generous option would be to gift it to my sister or my Lady Friend who also has a used up vehicle and they both have no money for a new car.

A fourth option would be to sell my interest to the Dealer for say $2K. I know they mark up declined orders around $5K

Suggestions please.

Last edited:
I saw a Maverick on the road last week. At first I thought it was a better looking Ridgeline.

Its pretty good looking truck.

2 things kill it for me.
2K standard and 4K max towing.

The other big one is the GVWR isnt over 6K and it doenst qualify for 179.

If you gift it, family first and look at the IRS tax rule concerning so. I have absolute respect for someone helping siblings out if you're in a good financial situation, they don't use you and appreciate it. If you want to resale it to add to your wealth to pass onto your kids someday, that's up to. you.

What's all the hype for this thing? It looks very nice and all but it's still just another small pickup. And don't most people here suggest not to buy the first model year of any vehicle?

If you gift it, family first and look at the IRS tax rule concerning so. I have absolute respect for someone helping siblings out if you're in a good financial situation, they don't use you and appreciate it. If you want to resale it to add to your wealth to pass onto your kids someday, that's up to. you.
Good point. You can gift up to $15K per person per year; then you gotta pay gift tax.
But unless you are in a crazy high tax bracket, you should be OK.

Love how we all complain about current car prices and the over MSRP profit taking until it's our turn to take a profit then we're all good for you go for it.

I could sell my 11 month old truck back to the dealer for a profit and would love to but what would I replace it with? Strange days indeed.

Love how we all complain about current car prices and the over MSRP profit taking until it's our turn to take a profit then we're all good for you go for it.

I could sell my 11 month old truck back to the dealer for a profit and would love to but what would I replace it with? Strange days indeed.
I'm not looking to make a large profit. For the almost 10 months I have been lead on, with little to no communication from Ford or the dealer. Not feeling guilty about a $2K profit. Not looking to be as greedy as the dealer. Heck I might even gift the Maverick.

I'm not looking to make a large profit. For the almost 10 months I have been lead on, with little to no communication from Ford or the dealer. Not feeling guilty about a $2K profit. Not looking to be as greedy as the dealer. Heck I might even gift the Maverick.

Not saying you. We all grouse about it but when opportunity knocks we'll all answer. If you're going to sell, get all of it from whoever's highest. Doesn't sound like you owe the dealer any loyalty.

I like my truck but not married to it. This market thing is once in a lifetime and it would be great to take advantage of it.

@AZjeff
I already have, when I traded the F-150 for the Venza. IF I like the Maverick better than the Venza option 2 is ny preference. So much stuff had to be removed to move the build date forward, that I feel the gap can be narrowed quite a bit.

These are increasing here. two light blue ones I see regularly, one with steelies about a mile from me. There’s a third I’m beginning to see north of my neighborhood as well. Good looking and rather practical looking truck.

Back