My house. 1959

Someone on FB posted some old Arial photos. I was able to find my house when it was just a homestead cabin. No power poles so no power yet. It is the one closest to the center of the shot. I also own the one just to the right of my place.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210120-202058.png
    Screenshot_20210120-202058.png
    374 KB · Views: 127
Nice little slice you have carved out there. Very cool to see the old vs current.
That's amazing.
Who would have been taking aerial pics of such a remote location back then, and why? Oil and gas?
That is possible, could also be military... My father in law used to develop and organize the aerial shots that pilots took while he was in USAF down in Texas.

Nice little slice you have carved out there. Very cool to see the old vs current.

That is possible, could also be military... My father in law used to develop and organize the aerial shots that pilots took while he was in USAF down in Texas.
I suppose it could have just been land developers.
You know...trying to find the next "Sun City". :)

Our county assessor has aerials from each decade roughly.

Here’s my lot in 1937 and 2018 while still under construction. There was an orchard or something at the top of the photo and the lake hadn’t dug/dam built yet.
E159D8C4-93C2-488F-80B0-1FCAEBE07933.jpeg
E7F1AF71-4D52-47A4-A8B9-ADE32A3E095D.jpeg

Yes.the Mojave river is 1m west of me. It is one of 2 rivers that flow backwards so I am told. The mojave is usually dry but does flood when it rains.
that's 1 mi right? not 1 meter.... esp in the top "old" photo, it looks like the area from the last crook in the road to your "driveway" runs through a dry channel-like Depression...

that's 1 mi right? not 1 meter.... esp in the top "old" photo, it looks like the area from the last crook in the road to your "driveway" runs through a dry channel-like Depression...
Ya 1 mile. There is a small gully just north of me.no water in it but trees live there and I do not water them. There is a large gully south of me that has had water flowing in it when it rains a lot. This is also the gully that is supposed to have Gold in it.

I dunno if I have and pics but I will look.

Someone from Hesperia posted a pic of a rainbow right at my house. You can see the large gully on the right.you can also make out the small one going left to right and it drops into the bigger gully. Mu house is k;nda on a triangle between the 2 gullys.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210121-200518.png
    Screenshot_20210121-200518.png
    442.3 KB · Views: 12
If you guys are looking for aerial views of your property or anywhere else just go to historicaerials.com and click on "viewer". A lot of places you can see back to 1932. I discovered that site a while back when I was investigating a ridge back behind my property and was wondering if there used to be a road there or something, and using that site I learned the ridge was an old railroad right of way. I spend hours on that site looking at what the area around my house used to be like.

If you guys are looking for aerial views of your property or anywhere else just go to historicaerials.com and click on "viewer". A lot of places you can see back to 1932. I discovered that site a while back when I was investigating a ridge back behind my property and was wondering if there used to be a road there or something, and using that site I learned the ridge was an old railroad right of way. I spend hours on that site looking at what the area around my house used to be like.
They skip from 52 to 68 here. My house was built after 52 and was fully built by 68.

Back