My hand smells of men’s cologne and women’s perfume after pumping gasoline

I use hand sanitizer after pumping gas these days.

It could be worse - we bought a “rinse-free” foam cat wash. I would tell my parents their cat smelled like they just took her to Sephora(it really does smell like a Sephora store - the stuff’s Earthbath waterless cat foam).

Know the feeling. We have a woman at work who must buy her perfume by the gallon. Everything the she touches...everywhere that she goes... you know that she's been there.

I'm shocked that it doesn't linger in the elevator like a murky fog, after she's been in there.

I wouldn't care, except that I have allergies. And certain smells trip off my allergies, and then I'm miserable for hours...(sneezing, runny nose, congestion)... through no fault of my own, except for being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Yep +100000%

Geez, hand sanitizer and rubber gloves are now required to pump gas? George Carlin wasn't far off.

Yeah but George Carlin died at 71. I don't think the drugs, alcohol and heart disease helped. Average life expectancy at the time was 78 so he was below average.

Yeah but George Carlin died at 71. I don't think the drugs, alcohol and heart disease helped. Average life expectancy at the time was 78 so he was below average.
Possibly, but I doubt him pumping gas bare handed had anything to do with it. Besides, Jim Fixx wrote, "The Complete Book Of Running", and lived on nuts and twigs. And he dropped dead at 52.

Possibly, but I doubt him pumping gas bare handed had anything to do with it. Besides, Jim Fixx wrote, "The Complete Book Of Running", and lived on nuts and twigs. And he dropped dead at 52.

Well the point of the hand sanitizer was that it would get rid of the smell of the perfume. Jim Fixx wrote books on running and was a runner. I wouldn't take medical advice from a comedian. Anecdotal evidence isn't as good as good statistical studies.

Where is the Full service? I know you can call the handicap line at the pump and they will pump it for you.

But seriously, someone bring back the Switfy's full service gas station model!!!!!

A while back I went to a jewelry store to get a new watch band. The owner installed it for me and said stick out your arm and then he buckled the watch around my wrist. A few minutes later I was driving and kept smelling the unmistakable and thoroughly disgusting smell of Brut cologne. I held my wrist up to my nose and sure enough it was coming from that area. I am very sensitive to odors like perfumes and colognes and pulled over. I keep a few unscented wet towelettes in the glovebox and not only wiped down my watch and band but my wrist to get rid of the stench.

Why people douse themselves with artificial scents like that is beyond me, especially if they are dealing with the public.

Know the feeling. We have a woman at work who must buy her perfume by the gallon. Everything the she touches...everywhere that she goes... you know that she's been there.
This is the worst especially in the morning, when she walks by my desk I can taste it it's so bad, kind of ruins my morning cup of joe.

I also have to mention the entertainment value of BITOG has been off the charts lately (y)

There's never a good reason to sniff your finger....

Anyway, I have some loose latex gloves in the center console I use to pump gas mainly because I don't want to touch any chemicals / bacterium-virus that might be living on the pump.

Do you possibly have bi-polar (just kidding) or is the gas station next to a....gentlemen's club?
We always keep some cheap plastic gloves in our car trunks or consoles. We joke too that we probably are poisoning ourselves due to too much hand sanitizer we keep all over the place and use (probably too much).

This is the worst especially in the morning, when she walks by my desk I can taste it it's so bad, kind of ruins my morning cup of joe.

I also have to mention the entertainment value of BITOG has been off the charts lately (y)
Haha reminds me of when I was a little kid and having to go shopping with my mom and grandmother (little kids couldn’t be left home all alone haha so we were forced to go by default haha). Those old sales ladies at the department stores wore so much perfume that you could taste it!🤣

I wish I knew how people get their cologne or whatever on the pump handle. User error, I suspect. I use this stuff and I never get it on my hands or arms. I'm not the culprit. I also use so little that you can't smell it unless you are closer than a foot to me, in which case you better be a very pretty female. I know I'm a sexist swine. Yellow card from HR!

Back