My GTI

Status
Not open for further replies.
The engine in this car is the reason I joined BITOG. Without BITOG, it would probably be running on cheap dino, an orange death can & 87 octane gas.
 -

Nice car. I sure wish they build those with the 1.9T engine.

Maybe the new 5th-gen Golf. We can only pray.

if you are looking to upgrade, my best advice is REVO (+40hp and +70 lbsft), 4 bar FPR and downpipe which should be about $1000.

No upgrades in this car's future. I simply don't have enough time, $$$, or patience for them. I like my little GTI's stock setup. It has plenty of power for my driving style & I get about 28-29 mpg. The only "mod" it's near future is a new set of performance tires.

Instead of doing mods, I save my extra pennies for whatever boutique synthetic oil we BITOGers are drooling over at the moment.
grin.gif

I believe that will be a 2.5 L straight five cylinder. Which works out to be - I am told - a 2.0 L with one more cylinder grafted on plus a balance shaft...

John.

I've read the inline 5 was half of a Lambo V10.VW does own Lamborghini.

Yeah, that is true to a degree in that it shares the same bore centres for the block. But according to the latest Car and Driver magazine that speaks about this particular model, that's about the extent of the similarities. The specific output projection is not even CLOSE to half of a Lamborghini engine...

Not that it should come as a surprise to any of you!

John.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back