My freshly waxed ride!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patman

Staff member
I got my Corvette waxed on the weekend, so I thought I'd take a new picture of it. It came out looking great! I could fool a lot of people into thinking it's a low mileage 2004 model, but it's really a 98 model with 48,000 miles on it, and has already seen one Toronto winter so far.

EDIT-(hotlink of picture deleted, see post below for the better link)

I can't open it correctly, but I've seen pictures of your ride before, and am appropriately envious...

How reliable has the car been for you? I was thinking about replacing my f-body in about 3 years with a C5 from the last few years of production, if I still live in Texas at the time and gas is cheap.

Have you driven the new generation model yet?

Is anyone else having trouble opening that link?

The car has been pretty reliable so far, I did have to replace the head unit for the climate control, since it's digital display went almost totally dim. But that has been it's only trip to the dealer so far. It doesn't burn any oil at all, nor does it have piston slap, two of the things that a lot of LS1 powered vehicles tend to exhibit. So I'm pretty happy about that!
grin.gif

I've put 16k on it since I bought it last August, and I drive it every day. I can't imagine another semi exotic type car you could do this with!

I have not driven a C6 yet, but I am starting to see a lot of them up here now. I just saw a nice Magnetic Red one at lunch time actually. I still prefer the looks of the C5 though. But the C6 drivetrain is awesome!

Here is the smaller version of the pic again if the link isn't working for you guys:

-

The smaller pic doesn't look as good though, you can't see the shine as much.

Pics work for me; what an awesome ride. Is that an aftermarket exhaust? I'm thinkin a D1SC Procharger setup would put a grin so big on your face that you'd look like the joker
burnout.gif

Heads/cam setup maybe? I was with one of my buddies the other night in his 13 second turbo Eclipse (at 6,000 feet mind you), and we got wasted by a heads/cam naturally aspirated C5 from a roll. He said it was naturally aspirtade and it didn't seem like it had nos, but it took off like we were standing still. Sounded like it was hitting way more than 6500 rpm too; more like 7500. Best sounding engine I ever heard! Regardless, you've got the best bang for the buck super car ever made.
cheers.gif

Link opened for me. Nice car Patman, you lucky dog you. See you have it parked in the Wal-Mart lot next to the Tire & Lube Express. Trying to make those quality techs feel bad?
smile.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Drew99GT:
Pics work for me; what an awesome ride. Is that an aftermarket exhaust? I'm thinkin a D1SC Procharger setup would put a grin so big on your face that you'd look like the joker
burnout.gif

Heads/cam setup maybe?

Either one of those setups would definitely bring a smile to my face! But it'll be a few years before I think about doing anything like that.

It still has the stock exhaust, but the previous owner changed the tips to something a little nicer looking. The stock tips on the early C5s weren't even chrome, so they looked a bit out of place.

quote:

Originally posted by Johnny:
Link opened for me. Nice car Patman, you lucky dog you. See you have it parked in the Wal-Mart lot next to the Tire & Lube Express. Trying to make those quality techs feel bad?
smile.gif

I was wondering if anyone was going to notice I was in the Walmart parking lot!
grin.gif
Notice how I parked nice and far away from the entrance though.
grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by LT4 Vette:
Looks nice, but I still like the way C5 Vettes look with the body side molding on the door. Have you broken into the 12's yet ?

Not yet, I haven't gone to the track yet this year, I want to get my dyno tuning redone first. I'm going to make two changes which I hope will get me into the 12s. One is to lean it out off idle, since it tends to bog on a sticky track, even with a full throttle launch, and I also want to raise the WOT shift points by 100 or 200rpm. My best was 13.17 at 105, with a 1.97 60ft, so I'm not too far off.

As far as the side mouldings go, my car had them, but I removed them the second day after I got it! I couldn't stand the look of them.

..and to think, with GC in that engine, the engine internals look
shocked.gif
EVEN BETTER than that gorgeous exterior...
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back