My fleet is now old…..

My 3 are getting older, but are all running like new. My truck is a 1991 Ford F-150 2WD. 30 years old with just 161,000 miles. My Jeep Grand Cherokee I bought new, just after I retired in April of 2015. It just rolled 15,000 miles. And we bought a new 2018 Toyota Camry in the Spring of that year. It just turned 10,000 miles. Being retired with 3 vehicles keeps the mileage low.

Neither the Jeep or the Toyota has yet to be driven on a wet street. Here in Havasu we're lucky to get 2" of rain a year. I've never used the wipers on either of them. (I turn them on when they get washed, to be sure if they work). Unless they get wrecked or stolen, I doubt I'll need to buy anymore new vehicles.

Bought both these Toyotas well used 125/162k immediately replaced worn suspension parts and all fluids and they've been remarkable outside of a A/C condenser and alt on the '06 now I just keep up with the waxes and PDR...love the monthly pmts. Daily drivers.

Ten simple words for these lean times and sky high used car prices.

Don't spend money.

Don't buy anything.

Sell your extra car.

With most manufacturers down 30% to 50% with their new car production used car prices are just nuts.

Ask the guy who has been an auto auctioneer and car dealer for 18+ years. Now is the time to sell.

Case in point.

I'm in the same boat. New car prices are insane and I'm not willing to pay them. One of the reasons I keep my old stuff that I can still work on. My newest vehicle is my 2014 Mustang. Luckily most of my vehicles have fairly low mileage and still have years of life left and I'm retired so I don't drive as much as I used to. I don't know if I will ever buy a new vehicle again.

Back