my first time...

Status
Not open for further replies.
This past Sunday, I used GC for the first time in my BMW Z3 1.9L. I must admit I really didn't expect to notice a difference in the vehicle. Normally I have been using Mobil 1 0w-40 for the past few years and sort of figured all theGC craziness on here was hype.

For example (but DEFINITELY not limited to): oil scavenger hunts, hoarding and stockpiling, salad dressing, skin moisturizer etc.

Anyway, first of all I was in disbelief that my Marine Oil Buoy only extracted 3.2 quarts from the pan... the car does not smoke and only has 50k on it. Very strange.

I could not BELIEVE the difference the GC made in the performance of this car. The M1 0w40 made the car feel extremely sluggish in comparison. I've definitely been won over and intend to raid the local Pasadena Auto Zone this weekend. Also, the gf was *very* *VERY* pleased to see the Castrol gone from the front closet. Next weekend will probably be a fight weekend.

~Sail
*ps* I'm also considering asking my gf to get that little Castrol Syntec 0w-30 logo tattooed on her lower back.
lol.gif
lol.gif

cheers.gif
cheers.gif
cheers.gif
cheers.gif
cheers.gif

Deutsches Auto, deutsches Öl. Perfektionieren Sie...you'll have to excuse me now...this all has me feeling a bit emotional.
cheers.gif

glad to see a thread on this. didn't quite want to start a new thread just for this, but really wanted to tell all about my first green GC! This morning i did an oil change mit mien ganz, granz besonders sammelung (with my very special stash) of 8 qts of Green GC. went to my usual favorite Independent BMW shoppe. i observed the entire procedure. went good. the car had syntec 5W-30 put in at 92,500mi and now it's at 96,1xx with green GC. well, the car appears to like it a lot. i think the slight thickerness is good. runs smooth and idles flawlessly/solid. then, i don't know if the car just likes oil changes, but it really rocketed down the I-210. it got to 90mph really un-noticeably and then i enjoyed going to 110mph like nothin'. these mph's aren't anything, i realize. i don't know though how much credit goes to just new oil or to this particular oil. so anyway, just one more positive report for GC!
Edit: car is 02 BMW 530 sport

[ May 09, 2006, 03:33 PM: Message edited by: MikeCTM2 ]

I got to drive my Z3 today after work to the vet to pick up PRESCRIPTION CAT FOOD for the resident fuzzy person. I am truly amazed, the car really does have more zip. However, I am beginning to wonder if simply going to the lighter 0w-30 from the 0w-40 is what made the difference. Anyway, for now we'll just chaulk one up for the GC. In 5k I'm going to try out the Royal Purple 5w-30 I have stashed in the coat closet.

oooh... BTW.... on the way back from the vet, I located an addition source for GC in my area. AutoZone, Severna Park, MD.

~Sail
cheers.gif

quote:

Originally posted by SailSkiDrive:
However, I am beginning to wonder if simply going to the lighter 0w-30 from the 0w-40 is what made the difference.

M1 0w40 shears to a 30 weight even in non turbo engines so from a viscosity perspective you've got an apples to apples comparison. It's the GC.

quote:

Originally posted by SailSkiDrive:
I am beginning to wonder if simply going to the lighter 0w-30 from the 0w-40 is what made the difference. ~Sail
cheers.gif

Ahh, Jürgen, Siegfried, Sascha, meine kleinen Freunde, kommt hier bitte...vottever shall vee do mit dieses pipple? Zey refuse to agzept zat GC contains zee magic...eet has nawsing to do mit Viskosität; eet ees zee magic...zee magic...zee magic...I sink I am going to go Verrückt...vas ist das? Ja, you are richtig...zey are new to zee magic...Sie werden irgendwann verstehen...vee must be patient. Das ist gute advice.

"slight thickerness" Your talkin like me now.
lol.gif

I think you'll agree that the GC is much betterer
grin.gif

Jawohl, mein fuhrer! Hilf siegen als luftnachrichtenhelferin! Baut jugendherbergen und Heime! Wir bauen fur dem Sieg!

Zuruck, Johann.

ZURUCK JOHANN!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back