My favorite opinion on the meaning of life...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Christopher Hitchens (I'm sure some of you know him), when asked essentially about the above:

"Well, I can only answer for me. What cheers me up... I suppose mainly gloating over the misfortunes of other people... It doesn't always work, but it never completely fails. And then there's irony... which is the gin in the Campari, the cream in the coffee... Sex can have diminishing returns but it's amazing... Yeah, that's pretty much it. Then it's a clear run to the grave."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fg6VTQK5-wI (Please fast-forward to 3:25 if you click. Don't want to open a can of worms on the religion thing...)

Originally Posted By: d00df00d
Sex can have diminishing returns but it's amazing... Yeah, that's pretty much it. Then it's a clear run to the grave.
Ha. I'll bet.

I've met him in person before and he was a ****. I believe I've posted a somewhat extended opinion on one forum or another at some point.

Originally Posted By: Schmoe
The pride of purpose in an unrewarding job, is my opinion on the meaning of my job.

I like that quote....the rest of the album was so-so though
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: Solo2driver
grin2.gif

I figured ToyotanSaturn would get that one! Only a dedicated Rush fan would have picked up on that! Good show!!!

Originally Posted By: MarkC
The true meaning of life is that this has all happened before, and will probably happen again.

Well Mark, that's depressing. I prefer:

Quote:
Then it's a clear run to the grave.

Must be my British roots.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Schmoe
Originally Posted By: Solo2driver
grin2.gif

I figured ToyotanSaturn would get that one! Only a dedicated Rush fan would have picked up on that! Good show!!!

I do what I can :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back