My favorite new car purchasing experience.

As silly as it sounds this was basically her current dream car. It has all the features we like without the features we do not like. For example it has manual, cloth heated seats. Our favorite. We personally do not like leather. More for me specifically its port injected, non-turbo, CVT. My favorite setup.
We seem to have similar tastes in car mechanicals, our Outback is, NA, port injected, CVT, and the seats are cloth and heated but the drivers is powered. Passengers seat is manual and I like it just as much.
I keep on reading good things about the Accent and the Rio. What rpm does the CVT run at 60mph? I'd rather have a manual but not if its running 3000rpm at 60mph, wasting gas for no good reason, just epa stupidity....

We seem to have similar tastes in car mechanicals, our Outback is, NA, port injected, CVT, and the seats are cloth and heated but the drivers is powered. Passengers seat is manual and I like it just as much.
I keep on reading good things about the Accent and the Rio. What rpm does the CVT run at 60mph? I'd rather have a manual but not if its running 3000rpm at 60mph, wasting gas for no good reason, just epa stupidity....
I want to say at 70 its running 2700ish. But I haven't done a lot of highway miles in it to remember exactly. It's got more underbody sound deadening panels than I've ever seen on a "cheaper" car and that's noticeable at higher speeds.

My wife is loving the car so far. Now we are just trying to get to the 1000 mile mark where I like to do the first oil change. Then it will get undercoated with Amsoil HD MP and fluid film for the cavities. Then just need to push to pay it off this year.

I want to say at 70 its running 2700ish. But I haven't done a lot of highway miles in it to remember exactly. It's got more underbody sound deadening panels than I've ever seen on a "cheaper" car and that's noticeable at higher speeds.

My wife is loving the car so far. Now we are just trying to get to the 1000 mile mark where I like to do the first oil change. Then it will get undercoated with Amsoil HD MP and fluid film for the cavities. Then just need to push to pay it off this year.
That's good Hyundai is making even their smallest cars well. I'm a bit surprised the CVT runs the engine that fast at 70, but I guess its not buzzy or anything at that speed. The 2.5 in the outback is not the best sounding engine at elevated rpms, but it runs below 2000 on the 55mph hwy 99% of the time so its almost inaudible.

That's good Hyundai is making even their smallest cars well. I'm a bit surprised the CVT runs the engine that fast at 70, but I guess its not buzzy or anything at that speed. The 2.5 in the outback is not the best sounding engine at elevated rpms, but it runs below 2000 on the 55mph hwy 99% of the time so its almost inaudible.
I actually got a chance to look yesterday and at 70 its around 2400 rpms. 60 it was at about 2000. Not terrible considering its a 120hp N/A 1.6.

Back