My evening OCI tonight in photos

I changed the oil in my 2001 taurus tonight with 113,350miles. It had 3300 miles on the maxlife 5w20, I'm keep the OCIs short because I had a UOA show positive with a small amount of coolant 10K ago. I've been using a HM oil just to see if it would make any difference.. I'm not going to replace the head gasket as its not cost effective. I took a UOA sample to send in and I saw a little glimmer in the oil so we shall wait for the results. Previous uoa here: http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3277841/'01_Taurus_107K_w/_Castrol_Edg Here I got the car up on ramps, placed my wheel chocks behind the back wheels and put my jack stands up for a safety precaution. Getting ready to dump the old oil. This is what I have lined up for the OCI. A very fresh batch of PHM 5w20 and a FU3600, I bought 5 of these when they were on sale 1.5yr ago for $5 before I knew of the small coolant leak. Getting ready to put the oil back in and then I'm done. And this would be complete without a picture of my trusty sidekick. This is Dakota who we've had exactly for 2 years now, she as born 6/8/12.

volk06

Originally Posted By: dave123
Can she hunt she is a good looking Lab.
She has great instincts and a decent blood line but I didn't train her to do any hunting. I would have loved to but I just don't have the time to hunt as much anymore and the pheasant population has tanked the past 10 years.

volk06

Originally Posted By: Garak
Originally Posted By: volk06
A very fresh batch of PHM 5w20....
An SN 5w-20 that isn't GF-5 - that's curious.
Its not resource conserving for GF-5?

IMHO, using Fram ultra is a waste of a premium filter for short 3K oil changes. I would have used a cheap filter or not change the filter and use it for another oil change.

volk06

Originally Posted By: Sawdusted
IMHO, using Fram ultra is a waste of a premium filter for short 3K oil changes. I would have used a cheap filter or not change the filter and use it for another oil change.
Like I said I bought them BEFORE I found out about the leak, was doing 10K OCIS. So what am I to do with a stash of oil filters that I've previously bought before the short OCI regimen??? Surely it would be a waste of money not to use them. My last fl400s came off of it.

Originally Posted By: Pajamarama
Thanks for the pics. Was hoping to see some hot and dirty oil-draining action shots...
Yeah, there should be a mandatory set of shots for anyone who posts their oil change. I feel kind of .... cheated.