My dog has learned the Uber Eats chime on my phone = food has arrived

We gave milk to our cats and they love it.
never tried it with dogs. I thought they may get diarrhea ... Maybe I should try a little at a time. For some reason I think our dog is not drinking enough water but I'm sure she knows what she needs. My wife thinks I don't drink enough water. I think she drinks lots of water. lol
Yes most dogs will get diarrhea! Very important You need to buy lactose free milk. Available everywhere you buy milk.
Actually cats arent really suppose to get milk but dogs yes!

How much do you spend on food!?
Not sure who your asking this question.
As far as us, we buy quality canned dog food, named meat products no corn. (just search 5 and 4 star dog food) Also Whole Dog Journal
We supplement A LOT of human meat that we eat ourselves. Most people do not know human food cost less than pet food.

Pet food is a cash cow for corporations to sell you uneatable and unsaleable leftover food from human processing at a higher price than the human food!
The cheapest human canned tuna, canned mackerel, canned salmon, cost 50% to 75% less than garbage pet food.
Heck a 3+lb rôtisserie chicken at Costco cost less then quality dog food.
With all this said we still feed some normal $2 a can (bought on sale) dog food as it does have vitamins and minerals and why we top off his food with an equal amount of human food instead of exclusively human food.

We also feed vegetables and fruit, very important, if this is something you dont normally do its important to make sure no spices in the food, some spices are poison to pets. Onion, Garlic ect... many years ago until we learned. all we would do an internet search Like this=
Is it safe to feed dogs ______ the best most trusted results I liked come from AKC (American kennel club) But anyway, all easy information to find and most all answers are common on line.

One last note = for those on a budget there is one inexpensive (relatively) Purina Beyond Canned Food and most notable Purina Beyond Organic are far and away better then any other "budget" food and much better then dry.

We feed a variety of different companies canned foods, most all are more expensive than this but we buy these as well, since we feed a different food from a different company at least every other day. One thing can be said about Purina in the Beyond line, is Purina is a "feed" company for all kinds of animals so at least quality control is there.
Just my two cents.

Last edited:
My last 6 dogs all got people food mixed from time to time with the dry food.
They all lived 13 or 14 years.
And in case you are wondering we had a couple dogs at the same time.
There was a stretch of about 15 years when we had 2 cats and 2 dogs at the same time and we did not go out and get them,they all needed a home and came to us in different ways,it was interesting at times.

Kuato,

I will change Uber delivery chime on my phone to see what happens. She is very smart and will learn new chime in a few days.

alarmguy,

I agree all dogs can eat quality table food such as rice, beans, chicken, beef, turkey, etc… I do not give any bones to our dogs, just the meat. Very small amount of food so they don’t feel ignored.

This is how our shaved Schnauzer looks 9 months out of the year due to the Florida heat.

Attachments

• 8D5E1739-CFE9-4819-8AF3-762B3FD5F85F.jpg
    8D5E1739-CFE9-4819-8AF3-762B3FD5F85F.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 15
Kuato,

I will change Uber delivery chime on my phone to see what happens. She is very smart and will learn new chime in a few days.

alarmguy,

I agree all dogs can eat quality table food such as rice, beans, chicken, beef, turkey, etc… I do not give any bones to our dogs, just the meat. Very small amount of food so they don’t feel ignored.

This is how our shaved Schnauzer looks 9 months out of the year due to the Florida heat.
Awe ... cool looking dog!
Ill also be dying to know what happens if you change the chime, if it fools him, it wont last long that he gets fooled and I would bet after a while of changing tones he would pick up on that as well.

Bones! No, never, either do we. Im too concerned about it getting lodged someplace.
Human Canned Salmon bones are the one thing that is ok with us, not that he gets a lot of canned salmon but the bones in the canned salmon are very soft, crumble in the fingers, really more like cartilage, and well, being its human food that humans eat means it has to be safe for us to be comfortable with. Heck we dont even give rawhide.

BTW if you look at his collar on the first page, besides having him chipped over a decade ago, we also verify the chip still works every few years, and id tags/dog license on his collar, we recently put on an Apple Air Tag, fantastic device at almost no cost, in case he ever gets lost, just another "backup". Its secured to his collar with the black case you see in the photo.

Last edited:
@alarmguy
Good info. I'm going to look into something outside people food+pellets and get into more fresh food. Btw, our dog loves anything dog friendly. We have a list on fridge. She loves lettuce, carrots, apples, etc.

Currently we buy Blue Wilderness (Rocky Mountain meat) dog food. Before that She got Taste of the wild dog food. She like beef, buffalo , salmon. She is not too happy with chicken (real or pellets) meals and gets a little runny. But she loves and does very well with chicken bones. I crush them and freeze. I also buy packages of chicken heart+liver+ gizzard+kidney and cook and freeze.
The packages used to be very cheap. I'm actually cooking her last package from the freezer today. It was $1.84 for 1.45 lbs. but during covid they were kind of hard to find. I need to stash some more like engine oil. She's fine with that also only the chicken meat makes her upset.

My dog food is about $62-$65 per bag depending on store. I can order online and save a few $ and get a ripped bag with a tape on it (my last order from chewy) or pay a little more and inspect the bag for holes and date ... So I buy at store.
The bag last about 50 days but I'm looking into fresh food they sell at Tractor Supply (fridge section) or even raw meal but want to transition her slowly so she doesn't get sick.

I figured that if you have so much food delivered that your dog knows the sound that you must be spending tons on delivery is all.

I’m the OP.

Sometimes 3 times per week. I no longer want to pick food up at a restaurant.

Back