My daughters 2021 escape 3cyl 1.5 ecoboost?

So...I find out she got extended warranty for 10 years/125,000 miles. Knowing this should I do dealer oil changes at 5,000? I planned on using Quaker State full synthetic 5w20 but unsure as of now? Considering warranty issues doing it myself.?

Make sure it's not one of those dealer-specific "warranties" that require her to have ALL maintenance that they dictate done by them.

As for the interval, why not have the oil changes done when the oil life meter says to ?

SO-she paid for a warranty? Did she know she paid for it? BTW-you cancel those things at any time and get a refund of the remaining amount.

Is a it a Ford warranty or a third party one?

Your post really raises more questions-than your question.

IMHO-Ford is notorious for not standing by their products and using any excuse not to cover a warranty item. Let's see you have the ford 6.0 disaster, the Ford Fiesta transmission issue (they finally did cover that).

SO-she paid for a warranty? Did she know she paid for it? BTW-you cancel those things at any time and get a refund of the remaining amount.

Is a it a Ford warranty or a third party one?

Your post really raises more questions-than your question.

IMHO-Ford is notorious for not standing by their products and using any excuse not to cover a warranty item. Let's see you have the ford 6.0 disaster, the Ford Fiesta transmission issue (they finally did cover that).
She paid for the Ford Bumper to Bumper. Her monthly payment went up a few dollars I guess.

That 10,000 mark scares me with dealer synthetic blend. Especially in a 3 cyl. 1.5l Ecoboost !?
Why would Ford recommend it then ? They're the ones on the hook for engine damage if it occurs plus their dealers would get more potential service work by having them in more often.

True but fords powertrain warranty is only 65,000 miles. I feel like at 10,000 mile intervals it'll go 65,000 miles. I want it to last for her as she owned it. I don't know....probably over thinking 🤔

Why would Ford recommend it then ? They're the ones on the hook for engine damage if it occurs plus their dealers would get more potential service work by having them in more often.
Toyota does the same thing. I don't know if they use blend or full synthetic however.

She paid for the Ford Bumper to Bumper. Her monthly payment went up a few dollars I guess.
Do the math-and find out what it costs. If it's outrageous-cancel it and apply it to the principal-or refinance the whole loan.

Last edited:
Do the math-and find out what it costs. If it's outrageous-cancel it and apply it to the principal-or refinance the whole loan.
Ist it a good thing though (the warranty) ? I'm just curious if I can the maintenance myself cause I don't feel comfortable with blend at 10,000 miles??

Ist it a good thing though (the warranty) ? I'm just curious if I can the maintenance myself cause I don't feel comfortable with blend at 10,000 miles??

It could be a good thing...depending on what the price was. It's the classic "roll it in to your payment for a few more dollars per month". She doesn't know what it costs-you don't either. These Ford Warranties can be purchased from any dealer in the country and you can get some good prices from other dealers on them. You need to read the contract now-see what it says-in regards to maintenance and records and not count on the info being correct on here-because many times it's not.

125000 miles @5K each $50 per visit=$1250. What's your peace of mind worth?

1635807542201.jpeg

Read the fine print in the warranty, it will tell what is required. Make you choice within those limitations, though it "might" be illegal for them to require you to get oil changes done there to preserve the warranty, but they could still require proof of oil/other mantenaince and I'd want the terms of what constitutes proof in writing.

Change at the internal stated in the owners manual, unless you get an addendum altering that.

125000 miles @5K each $50 per visit=$1250. What's your peace of mind worth?

View attachment 76222
Yeah but letting someone else touch my vehicles makes me more nervous than giving piece of mind. Plus count the time to drive there, wait, drive home, check everything they might have screwed up (since they're looking for more things to upsell anyway or at least safety related if a legit helpful service) and you're not even saving time having someone else do it for you, though of course some apartments/condos/etc HOA don't allow this type of work if you can't do it concealed in your garage.

If it’s a Ford ESP warranty it’s probably a pretty decent warranty, as mentioned though there are dealers who discount these online.

Keep records, meticulously pretty much all extended warranty companies I’ve ever dealt with are looking for an “out” some are worse than others … as mentioned read the contract.

Had she asked, I’d have probably advised her to get the hybrid with the 2.5… but she’s bought it so make the most of it.

So...I find out she got extended warranty for 10 years/125,000 miles. Knowing this should I do dealer oil changes at 5,000? I planned on using Quaker State full synthetic 5w20 but unsure as of now? Considering warranty issues doing it myself.?
Have you read the terms and conditions of the warranty?

I have never bought an extended warranty because I do most of my own maintenance. My thinking is that I'd know if the vehicle was a lemon before the factory warranty was up and get rid of it. (the only new vehicle I ever had to dump before the warranty was up was my 2011 Chevy Cruze because the dealer wouldn't even admit there was a problem let alone fix it despite hundreds of pages complaining about coolant odor/loss on the Cruzetalk forum....I traded it in for my 2014 Focus with a manual transmission and am very happy I did).
Also, I've always found those warranties to be very expensive.

OT: I bought my 2016 Escape with the 2.5 because I didn't want another small turbo'd engine, especially in a bigger vehicle. I would, however, like to see Ford put that 3 cyl. 1.5T (Dragon engine I think it's called) in a Focus or Fiesta with a M/T or even a regular A/T (not their junky DSG....a well designed DSG like VW's would be fine).

Back