My daily drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
My two daily drivers, I alternate every other day. The aspire is 94 with 90k, had to replace motor it has 107k on it. The festiva is a 91 with 130k.
 -
 -
 -

The festiva doesn't drive to bad but after driving the aspire its like driving a box car. The festiva is faster though being the lighter one.

thanks pscholte ever since I've cut the middle section out I knew that it looked like something, never could place. Well the aspire did hit the gate, only had it for week my luck is lacking. If I want to run into anything I use the festiva, I've hit everything already with it including a flying shoe, still have black marks on the hood should took a close up.

Unfornately... I'll send you on the left on the top picture, that thing produces millions of bean like seeds every spring. Had my truck parked under for a couple weeks it was a confetti show for at least a mile.

drive it forever... when you get up the balls to say something, say it and shut up. I have no clue what some people have against these cars. Maybe jealously, I seriously don't know. I've never bashed anyones cars, no matter what it is. Quite frankly both are paid for, get 40+mpg, very reliable, very nimble, and once you learn to drive them they aren't the slowest on the road.I get offers on both on a daily basis. Will someone enlighten me on this?

quote:

Originally posted by Eric Smith:
drive it forever... when you get up the balls to say something, say it and shut up. I have no clue what some people have against these cars. Maybe jealously, I seriously don't know. I've never bashed anyones cars, no matter what it is. Quite frankly both are paid for, get 40+mpg, very reliable, very nimble, and once you learn to drive them they aren't the slowest on the road.I get offers on both on a daily basis. Will someone enlighten me on this?

IMO, d.i.f. simply doesn't like your rides. Nothing more, nothing less. While your two rides do lack the sex appeal of countless newer, shinier, more expensive rides, there is nothing functionally wrong with your rides. Looks like you take good care of them, too.

I envy your 40 mpg, btw.
smile.gif

Both of them are great cars and I would gladly drive either one to church. My Tracker gets in the mid 20's and it's amazing how many big SUV owners have questioned me about the mpg since gas got ridiculous.
grin.gif

My old man drove a Festiva for some years.He loved that car as it was a little tank.It was real good to him.

Nice rides.

This pic from VaderSS (I borrowed it to resize it) cracks me up:

-

The festiva looks sprightly, threatening, and about ready to give 110%.

From what I follow, cryptokid and 55 on this BBS are also festiva/aspire fans.

Eric, you should do some stunt like park both cars perpendicularly in a parallel space and get a pic of that.
grin.gif

I've thought about it. The aspire is wider and longer though. A guy at work has a aspire since we work nights we may do try it and take pics. Also depending on the length, and if something like a suburban or excursion is in a spot could park 2 festivas end to end and should be almost equal.

quote:

Originally posted by drive it forever:
I would be embarressed to show up to church in one of those.

Maybe if more people drove cars like these instead of Excursions, Tahoes, Hummers etc....we wouldn't be paying 3.50 for gasoline. I know of several Festivas that went over 200K on their Korean built, Mazda designed engines. I would love to find a low mileage, manual trans, Festiva (or Aspire) to commute with.
PS: Eric -what happened to the original engine in the Aspire?

When I bought it was on its last leg but I don't think they changed the oil. According to the sticker if they did they used ND30- Don't know the brand name. But the last cylinder had no compression, I found part of the rings in pan. So I don't know exactly what killed it. The mileage on it showed 90k but it was pulled behind a rv on all four's. I wouldn't be surprised if the actual mileage is 35-40K, the ride is almost like a new cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back