My case of redline 5-30 arrived ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
And it smells like cherries, is that normal?kinda like tranny fluid lol.I have Mobil 5000(dino)in right now at 800 miles while breaking in motor and have a strong urge to change it now
20.gif
.(but i must wait)

Also you think i might have a problem with my warranty using this oil?

I swear my maxlife smells interesting, I can't quite describe. Maybe fruity. Regular PYB doesn't smell like that, maybe its just the additive packs, or a characteristic of synthetic oils?

Originally Posted By: ryland
what car?

If it will void my warranty( i hope not) ill be using my wifes M1
receipts.Here is a pic,that I also posted on my other thread,Its a Suzuki SX4 sport touring 5sp,little bugger has some pep..

sx41.jpg

you could... and if the engine fails and they pull an oil sample - and see a non API SM oil in there (telling by the add pack), you could have trouble.

If you're worried about warranty, you can just send that case of RedLine down to me.
48.gif

I'm PM you my mailing address.
grin2.gif
j/k

On a more serious note, no way could anyone fault that oil for an engine failure. Emissions equipment failure, maybe (non-SM).

The engine will fail - but no problems with one of the best lubricants out there - the suzuki dealer knows nothing about oil. Just keep the receipts and run a proper weight. I wish I had put my Aerio SX on a good oil diet B4 it caved in to the cheap oil filters and cheap oil. Run Purolator or Wix NOT the Suzuki (toyota) OEM replacement filter - they were garbage and caused trouble.

I've been known to smell oil at work and have found that Syntec 5w20 has a "corny" smell and Castrol Motorsport 10w60 has a "alcohol" smell.

Mopar ATF+4 has a rotten meat smell.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
you could... and if the engine fails and they pull an oil sample - and see a non API SM oil in there (telling by the add pack), you could have trouble.

Hmmm, i see, good to know.Also do you know if theres a shelf life to this oil,or expiration date?Some of the bottles look older in the case.

Originally Posted By: Ben99GT
If you're worried about warranty, you can just send that case of RedLine down to me.
48.gif

I'm PM you my mailing address.
grin2.gif
j/k

On a more serious note, no way could anyone fault that oil for an engine failure. Emissions equipment failure, maybe (non-SM).

crackmeup2.gif

I would run that stuff at the next change. No was are you going to have an engine failure because of that oil. Even if they do a UOA after a failure, what are they going to do, deny it because you have more anti-wear additives and a better base oil than the recommended oil?

I put the non SM Amsoil ACD in at the 3rd oil change and I ran it to 76,000 miles. Now it has about 1,000 miles on the Redline. Both oils have tons of cat killing ZDDP and no problems at all. I'll never go away from this type of oil. Besides the benefits, I want to be able to tell memebers here that I made it past 150,000 miles without a cat or 02 sensor problem.

Originally Posted By: BuickGN
I would run that stuff at the next change. No was are you going to have an engine failure because of that oil. Even if they do a UOA after a failure, what are they going to do, deny it because you have more anti-wear additives and a better base oil than the recommended oil?

I put the non SM Amsoil ACD in at the 3rd oil change and I ran it to 76,000 miles. Now it has about 1,000 miles on the Redline. Both oils have tons of cat killing ZDDP and no problems at all. I'll never go away from this type of oil. Besides the benefits, I want to be able to tell memebers here that I made it past 150,000 miles without a cat or 02 sensor problem.

So oil doesn't go bad(shelf life) because on some of the bottles
i noticed the little cardboard round piece from cap fell off and stuck on the pull tab on opening of bottle ..weird,thats what i get for trying to find the best price.

BTW, i paid 9.50qt delivered.

Originally Posted By: rudolphna
Pennzoil smells like.... Garbage. I smelled it again, the maxlife is kinda a fruity-chocolatey smell. Mmmm.
11.gif

Nahh, Pennzoil smells like candle wax!

crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: 7777
So oil doesn't go bad(shelf life)

I think the standard response you'll get from the oil companies is that bottled oil is good for 5 years. In reality, it's probably good for a lot longer than that.

i noticed the little cardboard round piece from cap fell off and stuck on the pull tab on opening of bottle ..weird,thats what i get for trying to find the best price.

$9.50 a qt.!!! Yikes!

Originally Posted By: Ben99GT
So oil doesn't go bad(shelf life)

I think the standard response you'll get from the oil companies is that bottled oil is good for 5 years. In reality, it's probably good for a lot longer than that.

Thanks ben, thats a relief cause some serial numbers are a lot older than the others and some were faded or gone.
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted By: tig1
$9.50 a qt.!!! Yikes!

Ya gotta pay for the best.
grin2.gif

Thanks ben, thats a relief cause some serial numbers are a lot older than the others and some were faded or gone.
cheers3.gif

Just give the bottles a good shake and pour them in, good to go.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: tig1

$9.50 a qt.!!! Yikes!

LOL, thats what my wife said,you know where i can get em cheaper?
55.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back