My car is getting tired, when do you think will be a good time to buy?

Right now I got a '14 Nissan Versa Note with 208k miles.

It is getting tired, I really want to get a Ford Bronco! ....but Ford can't make enough of them, and there is at least a year long wait.

Do I wait until there are Broncos on dealer lots, or do I need to buy something sooner? I probably won't be able to see a Bronco on the lot until 2023, that is quite a while left on my Nissan. I'd put on another 100k and I can see I'm going to have a breakdown more or less.

and I expect a double dip economic crash this year or next, and I expect car prices to "come back in line" with the market, as it shrinks. I feel car prices are overheated.

I'm also looking at a Subaru Outback, I'm buying new, same problems, long waiting list.

What would you do in my case?

It is getting tired, I really want to get a Ford Bronco! ....but Ford can't make enough of them, and there is at least a year long wait.

Do I wait until there are Broncos on dealer lots, or do I need to buy something sooner? I probably won't be able to see a Bronco on the lot until 2023, that is quite a while left on my Nissan. I'd put on another 100k and I can see I'm going to have a breakdown more or less.

and I expect a double dip economic crash this year or next, and I expect car prices to "come back in line" with the market, as it shrinks. I feel car prices are overheated.

I'm also looking at a Subaru Outback, I'm buying new, same problems, long waiting list.

Checkout Nissan kicks

The market sucks right now, but if you need a car, you need a car. It depends on how long you can wait, what condition your car is in now vs how much prices will cool off if they even cool off, etc. :unsure: 🥶

The only Subaru I like is the Forester because of the awesome sunroof on it. However, know that the AC on newer ones is weak for the size of the interior it has to cool. 🥵

Would you get another car the Note's size? The Chevy Spark comes in cool colors, including orange, yellow, and a really nice shade of blue

There is very little value in your car with that many miles. I would drive the wheels off of it for as long as you can. As more new cars hit the lots the used car prices will come down as people trade in. I know you are looking new so you might want to get on your dealers wait list or expand your search area. If things break free or the economy takes a down turn you may see it sooner than you think.

Go to the Bronco forums. Look for Granger Ford. You can order a new Bronco for at or below msrp. Possibly even invoice.

You cannot get around the wait right now. But at least you will get a fair price. Which is more than you'll get at most walk up dealers these days.

I truly think there is more to this shortage than just chips. Parts are on back order everywhere. I wish I knew when and if it will end. But I think of Cuba and other locations that have long term economic troubles and see some parallels. Heck, the Walmart here in PA is flat out, out of food. I also need a new car and have been putting it off.

I truly think there is more to this shortage than just chips. Parts are on back order everywhere. I wish I knew when and if it will end. But I think of Cuba and other locations that have long term economic troubles and see some parallels. Heck, the Walmart here in PA is flat out, out of food. I also need a new car and have been putting it off.
Absolutely. Another big issue is the trucking industry driver shortage. Truckers deliver everything!

We are being slowly / rapidly accustomed to a Soviet Union type of economy where we will have nothing but will be happy.
We’re already there.. we’re already there.. that vaccine along with the boosters has the dope that’ll get us to accept that lifestyle. Just like pimps shoot up their girls to keep them working the streets.

The market sucks right now, but if you need a car, you need a car. It depends on how long you can wait, what condition your car is in now vs how much prices will cool off if they even cool off, etc. :unsure: 🥶

The only Subaru I like is the Forester because of the awesome sunroof on it. However, know that the AC on newer ones is weak for the size of the interior it has to cool. 🥵

Would you get another car the Note's size? The Chevy Spark comes in cool colors, including orange, yellow, and a really nice shade of blue

a/c is not weak in the forester...not in the least....

a/c is not weak in the forester...not in the least....

The 2015 SJ has a weak AC system. The air gets cold, and I checked it with the gauge and it's at the right pressure, but it just isn't strong enough to cool a cabin its size.

Maybe they changed it for the 2020 SK in your sig, and they might have improved it after people started complaining.

I will say my 98 SF has a very good AC. Keeps me nice and cold even in these hot temps 🥶 😎

I guess everything is going to be around MSRP for a while. If you like the Subaru I don't think its going to get much cheaper in a year or two, maybe a couple grand but I've never seen really large discounts on them. If I was buying new now I'd try the Outback, RAV4 hybrid and plugin hybrid, CX-5. You can get the Ascent with the turbo for about the same price as the Outback as well if your looking at that motor.

Back