My Camry met its fate on Friday nite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't imagine not having collision on car with book value, and a 2006 Camry was probably worth what $5k-$8k maybe?

Originally Posted By: hattaresguy
I can't imagine not having collision on car with book value, and a 2006 Camry was probably worth what $5k-$8k maybe?

At least look into higher deductible. I have 1k collision deductible on all the vehicles in my sig, except the Camry which has none.

I drove a lowered Honda CRX for a bit - it would probably bounce off a deer.
I couldn't see over the smallest rises on the road - I couldn't see left/right out in the fields because the field weeds would generally be too tall (unlike in a normal car). It got no respect, folks pull in front and cut me off like they didn't see me, a lot.
I slowed when turkeys were crossing the road. When I got up to them and stopped, they stopped and was checking out the car, wouldn't get out of the way. I had to get out and chase them so I could get through... that was it.... got rid of the CRX.

Reaction, I once swerved to avoid a squirrel run across on wet road (probably would have bounced off it to). Ended fishtailing then spinning off and just missed a tree (would have scratched some bark, bounce off) - sometimes sudden reaction (squirrel <> me) can make matters worse.

I remember a friend getting 3 deer in less than a year with his pickup. Had installed those deer whistlers - he took the deer whistlers off after that.

It was a sad learning lesson on my part not having collision coverage. I dont like/trust insurance companys to start with & hate giving them any extra money than necessary. Quite frankly I think insurance companys mostly are nothing less than corrupt and sorry if I offend anyone out there with my statement. Just how I feel about them!!

in many cases you can add comprehensive coverage without collision insurance, like $50 per yr., good idea even on older cars as this would have been a covered claim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back