My Brother and his cars...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: HM12460
What am I doing wrong? I have a good job, no debt, and look what I'm driving!!

LOL. You and me both.

The q5 is wife's car.

Originally Posted By: Michael_P
Buying a new car every two years prevents you from fully releasing your motor oil inhibitions.

LOL he speaks truth!

If it makes him happy. He's clearly not hurting, so whatever. Life is too short to be miserable. Money can't buy happiness. It can buy items that give pleasurable experiences when used, for better or worse.

He must be single.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: CHARLIEBRONSON21
Originally Posted By: 440Magnum
Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Instead of getting rid of a 2016 Mustang because his back hurt while in the car, he should have just gone to the doctor about the back pain. The car wasn't the problem

True, Fords give you a pain in a different (but nearby) part of the anatomy. :)

(that's a JOKE people...)

I'm a ford guy. And I agree with your statement.

Same here.

I have a line I regularly use when dealing with my FoMoCo products.

"I just felt a painful hit below my belt. Not sure if it was the front or the back."

Originally Posted By: sciphi
If it makes him happy. He's clearly not hurting, so whatever. Life is too short to be miserable. Money can't buy happiness. It can buy items that give pleasurable experiences when used, for better or worse.

Basically.

I have more personal vehicles than my signature or driveway will fit.

I've been driving the same vehicles for the past 9 years, and I don't plan on replacing them anytime soon. When I find something that works, I stick with it!

I've had my ti for over 20 years, the Wrangler for 14, and the X3 for 11. The 2er replace a Mazdaspeed 3 I owned for 8 years, and I'll probably keep it for at least 10 years.

Well if you're gonna swap one thing for another and then decide to go back to the original you're better off doing it with cars rather than wives.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Maybe he just gets bored with his present car, gets car fever, and buys a new one.

He needs to find a less expensive way to fight boredom. Thankfully it's not my money.

Isn't there a name for the buying addiction, where a person gets a rush after buying stuff, only to crash later... and only buying more stuff will perk the person out of their blue mood?

If he has the money to spend and it is something he enjoys doing while not affecting his overall living and lifestyle, then well... More power to him.

Im driving a 99 Jeep with 150,000+ miles on it. LOL
I have owned 40+ cars/trucks over the years and bought them all used. Most expensive one was $11k. Though I did pay $23K cash for a Harley back in 2004. I happen to be real happy with my $3k Jeep. It fits me well. I'd drive it cross country at a moments notice.
I will never understand why anyone would throw away money trading in brand new cars like that. I work hard for my money and tend to be pretty conservative with it.

Originally Posted By: sciphi

Bingo! If he can afford it more power to him.

If he can really afford it, and the money he uses is leftover after putting away for his future, then no matter how foolish it appears it's his business and I have no problem with his choices. However, if he is like a large majority of people, he isn't really putting enough away for his future.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Life is too short to drive a car you don't love.

No, life is too short to love something that doesn't love you back, and too short for priorities that include loving something as meaningless as a car.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
No, life is too short to love something that doesn't love you back, and too short for priorities that include loving something as meaningless as a car.

I would have to agree with this.
If one dedicates their love to material things, be it money, cars, fame etc. I can guarantee that on their death bead, their last wish will not be "if only I could make more money", or "buy more cars" or "be more famous". But if they're truly that selfish and greedy, then even a 500 year lifespan would be too short for them.

As for me, life is too short to drive boring cars. I suspect that few-if any-enthusiasts lie on their deathbed fervently wishing they had bought vehicles that were more "sensible."

I know I won't.

Originally Posted By: MCompact

As for me, life is too short to drive boring cars. I suspect that few-if any-enthusiasts lie on their deathbed fervently wishing they had bought vehicles that were more "sensible."

I know I won't.

On my deathbed I won't be thinking about material possessions at all, but what opportunities I missed in life. Hopefully poor financial decisions won't mean missed opportunities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back