My boss gave me a 7.5% raise this year, what did you get this year ?

I’m not sure what percentage but it was $2 more but not everyone got it just I did. And it’s about to be another $2 once I pass the second part of my state inspection test. My company doesn’t give out yearly raises either you ask for it and prove you deserve it or they award it to you. I got it for never ever missing a day or calling out or doing stupid stuff. And for training and being there running the shop by myself when no one else chose to be there. And for tolerating people using my tools when I shouldn’t have had too. I was about to go ask for it the same day I got it lol. I was so glad because I was going to be nervous as heck having to ask for it lol. I will say I was scared though when I got called to the managers office. And the reasons they gave me is exactly the reasons I was going to tell them why I deserve it.

it was $2
That's half a bag of Cheetos White Cedar Cheese Puffs (not even party size). Glad you're happy with it, that's what matters. 👍

1656638352700.jpg

It was under that, but where I work has made a deal out of moving towards merit based bonuses, so I was happy to see anything. I can also score "big" with WFH being continued to some extent so there's that.

I can say my company has taken care of me very well financially. Just wish I'd be allowed to be advanced in my career.
Not sure what your career looks like, but I've done quite well by simply staying put. I mean, if you outlast your competition... and your boss... either they don't like you, or they get stuck promoting.

All total, 14.5%. There's a merit raise in that, cost of living, and night shift differential.

Of course, last year was only 1.5% and the year before that was less than that. So we were/are a little behind.

They realized no one wants to do this job anymore at least and are half trying to get new/better people in here.
my CU struggles to find good employees these days; there is an incentive to the current employees of $1K if one recommends someone and he/she keeps the job in next 6 months

Around 4% at start of fiscal year. Had about 18% last fall and some additional percentage for all my time in. Sounds great but this was after 10 years of stagnant pay.

I got the 5.9% COLA raise from Social Security. Good thing I own my home, both cars and have no debt.

Prior to retiring in 2019 everyone in my department only got 2.5% increases for the prior three years and were told to be glad we had a job. Of course we were all making good salaries anyway, but when I checked the cost of living in the city we worked in, it typically went up over 6% a year so a piddly 2.5% increase didn't help much.

But I can say one thing, making the maximum contribution to my 401K plan, taking advantage of my employer's 6% matching, buying stock via the Employee Stock Purchase Plan at a discounted rate, refinancing my mortgage when the rates dropped below 3% and then paying it off before I retired and not running up credit card bills on frivolous purchases made all the difference in my financial security now.

For you guys that got nice raises, remember the fable about the grasshopper and the ant and plan accordingly.

Back