My boss gave me a 7.5% raise this year, what did you get this year ?

3.5% merit increase and 5% please don't quit increase.

My goal this year is a promotion for one of the people that I supervise. She has a great attitude and really knocks it out of the park everyday. Her biggest challenge is that she is a little shy and unsure of herself.

I got a pretty substantial raise from taking a long sought after promotion. I had basically been doing the work for close to 2 years without officially getting the job title after repeated broken promises from my boss. It was beginning to feel like they were just going to take advantage as long as I was willing to do the extra work without the accompanying raises. After telling my boss in my yearly evaluation that I needed him to tell me the date this promotion was coming or alternatively he would need to stop having me take on the extra responsibility, he came through with about a $15k per year bump in pay and the job title. I wish I had spoken up sooner!

Our merit is usually in July. Last year it was 4%, probably the same this year.

But aside from merit I've requested a re-evaluation of my pay. Very slow process.

I got a pretty substantial raise from taking a long sought after promotion. I had basically been doing the work for close to 2 years without officially getting the job title after repeated broken promises from my boss. It was beginning to feel like they were just going to take advantage as long as I was willing to do the extra work without the accompanying raises. After telling my boss in my yearly evaluation that I needed him to tell me the date this promotion was coming or alternatively he would need to stop having me take on the extra responsibility, he came through with about a $15k per year bump in pay and the job title. I wish I had spoken up sooner!

The squeaky wheel gets the grease….

I got fired, for the first time in my life, after being at the job over 18 years. By text message no less!

Retired Jan 1st 2022. After that, just went to work a day or 2 every couple weeks. Mainly to help train new folks.

Text said job terminated after 20 no show days. LOL! Cried myself to sleep until 10:30 AM that day. ;)

Company wide they're giving a 5% raise to everyone starting tomorrow. They're shipping a backpack to each employee as well.

All total, 14.5%. There's a merit raise in that, cost of living, and night shift differential.

Of course, last year was only 1.5% and the year before that was less than that. So we were/are a little behind.

They realized no one wants to do this job anymore at least and are half trying to get new/better people in here.

Back