My best friends, past and present

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dogs on the eastern bank of the Cape Fear River, about 3 miles north of the mouth. 1999.

-

And my new best friends, July 3, 2006.

-

Cape Fear as in "LOVE" and "HATE"?
wink.gif

Not much is more entertaining than watching dogs on a beach. They always like to dig enormous holes and never tire of it.
lol.gif

Say, near your two Alp roses, is there a May pole per chance?
wink.gif

There is indeed, I think I emailed you a photo of it....
If not, here you go ( being a borderline idiot, I didn't rotate it, so twist your head. It's pretty tall...
Check out my Scarey Monsters post.
 -

Yes Mark, you did email me a photo of it. Luckily my monitor is still oriented vertically.
wink.gif

I'd really like a timbered house, or a small castle with moat, in an alpine setting.

quote:

Originally posted by moribundman:
I'd really like a...small castle with moat, in an alpine setting.

I was going to ask you if Neuschwanstein would do, but you said a small castle. We hiked up to it during our World Cup trip...now THAT is a castle!!

quote:

Originally posted by Pablo:
Somebody has been to Leavenworth. We last went right before Christmas. I think I left my frozen patootie there.

I'd rather be there at Christmas, the 3rd of July was HOT. Got hotter the farther east we went.
128.gif

I just looked up Leavenworth on the net...how come nobody ever told the Elfe Meister about this place? Es ist nicht nett, Geheimnisse vom Elfe Meister zu behalten. I'll bet even die Hunde knew about it before I did!

[ July 20, 2006, 11:10 PM: Message edited by: pscholte ]

quote:

Originally posted by pscholte:
I just looked up Leavenworth on the net...how come nobody ever told the Elfe Meister about this place? Es ist nicht nett, Geheimnisse vom Elfe Meister zu behalten. I'll bet even die Hunde knwe about it before I did!

Perhaps if it was named Leavenwert you would have found it all by yourself
grin.gif

Just up the hill from me ps.

The cheese shop is good. The hot sauce shop has a great selection, but oddly out of place. (it's way back directly behind the "do not enter" sign in MarkC's last pict) Crowded like h311 sometimes. Not enough beer, but enough. The German restaurants are better in Wisconsin.

Yeah, but the scenery...unless the hills in Wisconsin are taller than I suspect...
grin.gif

PS Just tell me you can find great Jägerschnitzel and Rahmschnitzel and a good Pils...I can be happy with that.

quote:

Originally posted by Gary Allan:

quote:

Originally posted by pscholte:
I just looked up Leavenworth on the net...how come nobody ever told the Elfe Meister about this place? Es ist nicht nett, Geheimnisse vom Elfe Meister zu behalten. I'll bet even die Hunde knwe about it before I did!

Perhaps if it was named Leavenwert you would have found it all by yourself
grin.gif

...or maybe Oberthalenschenkenhafen...usually I latch on to those...
grin.gif

It's worth a visit, and you can venture out a bit to the orchards. Just don't try to jack any fruit. I got the eye put on me by a small brown man.

...h-m-m-m, the GC Elves assured me they had never been west of the Rockies...and that they didn't go out in the sun much...

I think this was more of a troll, and he appeared to have originated a few thousand clicks to the south....
He didn't want to part with his pears, at least not without extracting payment. Being short of billy goats, I unazzed the area.

hm-m-m-m, a troll, huh...I like the Elves but trolls I'm not at all fond of...wonder how come a fine Bavarian town hasn't rounded up all the trolls and sent them off to Billy Goat Gruff's bridge...

Say it isn't so! You can't destroy my image of this bit of Bavaria in the Washingtonian Alps the very day I find out about it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back