My AutoRx experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont think once you get oil hot that anything will separate. an engine mixes oil very well. like i said i would heat it up in the microwave and pour it in, then start the engine and go for a drive.

but if your really worried about it just run arx in the summer or send your bottles to me, ill run it for you.

when i was a kid i did crazy [censored] like running delo 15/40 in a 5/30 car in the dead of winter and some how that engine survived a very long time... so maybe its not as bad as we think huh?

Originally Posted By: greenjp

Stupid, that's how. And despite all the talk in this thread no one has presented anything involving the least bit of thought as to how Auto-RX actually behaves in an engine when mixed with motor oil. Well I did a little bit earlier but still don't know what the effective weight of Auto-RX is so it was merely a simple thought exercise - I'd welcome any information that would help expand it.

jeff

In all the years of the ARX crowd, this was talked about prior. Some even did a VOA on it etc..This was when they were a sponsor. You are not breaking new ground here.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Originally Posted By: Trajan
And yet, I've used it in winter in cars that sit outside year round.

With none of the drama, looking like a pot of stew, or any other silly nonsense.

It thickening to the point where it can't be shaken or poured doesn't concern you? If I were to use it again I'd feel more comfortable using it during the summer months, that's all.

Since I've used it during the winter months, obviously not.

Originally Posted By: snowmaker

In all the years of the ARX crowd, this was talked about prior. Some even did a VOA on it etc..This was when they were a sponsor. You are not breaking new ground here.

Ok. Care to link to any of those old threads? If the info is here somewhere, this thread would benefit greatly from it.

jeff

Originally Posted By: greenjp
Originally Posted By: snowmaker

Ok. Care to link to any of those old threads? If the info is here somewhere, this thread would benefit greatly from it.

jeff

Use the search..to much to list..

I really appreciate how my thread that is going to have facts in it has turned to absolute sh!t......Thanks everyone that contributed it to a cluster##ck.

I did the oil change on Saturday and put 5 qts of Supertech 5w30 SN rated and 18 oz's of MMO in. I will change the filter out in 1k for miles and see what the oil looks like, if it is a dark messy nightmare I will dump it too and then go with the Auto RX.

I'd say the Schaeffer's that was in it was doing some cleaning as it didn't have even 3k on it and it was pitch black, and the filter weighed close to 2 lbs without liquid in it. That oil had been in there for 6 months and my daily commute to work is 1.7 miles one way,so the oil doesn't get to operating temp during the week usually.

Seriously......if you have nothing to contribute to the thread but arguing.....take it elsewhere

A 2 lb filter empty is pretty heavy, something is going on, which is a good thing. If you really want to do some cleaning I would suggest you get that car on the road and get that oil good and hot, at least while you are trying to clean it up. Even if its only for a half hour once a week, just to help things along. All 1.7 mile trips are doing during the winter months is adding more junk to the oil, making cleaning more difficult. JMO

A 2 lb filter empty is pretty heavy, something is going on, which is a good thing. If you really want to do some cleaning I would suggest you get that car on the road and get that oil good and hot, at least while you are trying to clean it up. Even if its only for a half hour once a week, just to help things along. All 1.7 mile trips are doing during the winter months is adding more junk to the oil, making cleaning more difficult. JMO

I agree, I plan on taking it on on the road on Saturday afternoons for a 45 mile round trip for the time I am doing the cleaning.
I have been warming the truck up before i drive it though during the week so it should be helping a little bit.

Originally Posted By: djquik1
I really appreciate how my thread that is going to have facts in it has turned to absolute sh!t......Thanks everyone that contributed it to a cluster##ck.

Seriously......if you have nothing to contribute to the thread but arguing.....take it elsewhere

crackmeup2.gif
Welcome to the new world of internet forums.

I agree, I plan on taking it on on the road on Saturday afternoons for a 45 mile round trip for the time I am doing the cleaning.
I have been warming the truck up before i drive it though during the week so it should be helping a little bit.

Don't knock yourself out with the warm ups, driving is really the best way to warm up an engine. Depending on how cold it is a long idle and short trip can actually do more harm than good. The 45 minute trips will really help! When you are ready to remove and check the filter I would suggest a long run, and when you are ready to change the oil I would take the car for another long run to get the oil nice and hot. Just be careful not to get burnt. Please report back!

Since you do a lot of short driving I would suggest once you complete your clean up that you add a pint of MMO to your oil for the last 1000 miles of your OCI to do some additional cleaning and maint! JMO

Originally Posted By: Johnny

crackmeup2.gif
Welcome to the new world of internet forums.

Hmmm, you would think that BITOG might have a more professional stand point.....it's not like I signed up for the Honduh forums.

It is what it is,

I did the oil change on Saturday and put 5 qts of Supertech 5w30 SN rated and 18 oz's of MMO in. I will change the filter out in 1k for miles and see what the oil looks like, if it is a dark messy nightmare I will dump it too and then go with the Auto RX.

I'd say the Schaeffer's that was in it was doing some cleaning as it didn't have even 3k on it and it was pitch black, and the filter weighed close to 2 lbs without liquid in it. That oil had been in there for 6 months and my daily commute to work is 1.7 miles one way,so the oil doesn't get to operating temp during the week usually.

considering how the point of your thread is no longer applicable (you're running MMO now) and no one got snarky until page 5, I don't see what the big deal is.
ALL ARX/MMO threads on here turn into this around here. you just have to wade through very carefully or ignore them altogether.

Originally Posted By: mpvue

considering how the point of your thread is no longer applicable (you're running MMO now) and no one got snarky until page 5, I don't see what the big deal is.
ALL ARX/MMO threads on here turn into this around here. you just have to wade through very carefully or ignore them altogether.

If I could edit the original post I would.

Originally Posted By: mpvue

Maybe we can have a MMO free thread for next Xmas
35.gif

If I could edit the original post I would.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back