my 94 honda accord, 190k miles!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The engine still has great compression, and eats up 1/2 quart in 6k miles using m1. love it!

-

-

-

I'm also looking for a good shock/spring setup or adjustible coilovers to match those sticky japanese tires! (sick of the 4x4 look, and want to auto-x)

thanks!

>Ankur

email me if you have a descent setup to sell!
[email protected]

haha, sorry man, the engine is bone dry stock too, but clean! I will take shot with the valve cover soon of too tho.

Nice, its almost identical to mine!

If you can get your hands on a stock spoiler for cheap, it will really enhance the look of the back of the car. I found a used one on e-bay for $70. It was already the color of the car. The guy lived close enough for me to just pick it up too! Installation is a breeze. Since its a factory option, there are little dimples on the bottom side of the trunk lid that tell you where the screws go.

BTW, what kind of mileage do you get out of that baby?

Nope, I've got an EX. I'm not too concerned with handling, it does everything I ask it to, but thanks for the advice!

It sounds like you get mileage really close to mine. These cars can beat the EPA estimates quite easily!

I think the stock one is a little too flashy IMO, but I do like this rare japanese one..!

-

btw, do you have LX? I recommend highly getting a rear tie bar. It uses new bolts, that hold the rear inner parts of the control arms to the car, and improves the handling! (you dont have to get a name brand one, a generic one of ebay is fine.)

my setup was cheap, and works.

-front strut bar
-rear tie bar
-stock EX rear sway bar. This sway bar is the same size of the front sway bar (in diamater) and makes the car more neutral thro turns. (less understeer!)

sorry if thats more than you asked for...btw, with my roof rack, I get about 27. w/out, closer to 30.

Hey what weight of oil are you running now? I just changed to 5w30, and the lumpy idle when cold just vanished! (was 10w30, m1). werid huh?

Also, how much oil do you refill to get in between the two holes on the dipstick? I used 4.5 recently, and it seems like it needed 5 this time. werid.

quote:

Originally posted by Ankur:
Hey what weight of oil are you running now? I just changed to 5w30, and the lumpy idle when cold just vanished! (was 10w30, m1). werid huh?

Also, how much oil do you refill to get in between the two holes on the dipstick? I used 4.5 recently, and it seems like it needed 5 this time. werid.

Sorry to take so long to reply, I sort of forgot about this thread! I've run Chevron Supreme 10W-30, Pennzoil 15W-40, M1 10W-30, Rotella T 5W-40, M1 5W-40, and blends of 15W-40 and 10W-30 synthetic. Right now I've got 2 qts of M1 15W-50 and 2.5 qts M1 0W-20 in it. I can't wait to get a UOA done on that, just to be sure I'm not killing my car!

My car always has a bit of a lumpy idle hot or cold, and no oil has done anything to change it. I'm gonna run GC this winter, maybe I should try a 5W-30 like you to see if that does anything about it...

I put in 4.5 qts when I refill, and usually that gets me spot on the top hole on the dipstick. Occasionally 4.5 puts me 1/4 qt or so over full, but I don't sweat it.

hey, Pault, responded to your PM.

Ive gotten coilovers, and the ride is pretty impressive now. I didnt lower it too much, about as low as a bmw sits, 3 fingers from the top of th wheel to the arch in the wheel well. I went auto-x with out the coilovers, so should be fun now! pics coming soon...

some new pics...

I ditched the coilover setup cuz it was too aggresive on the street. I ended up selling it and getting a eibach prokit with a koni setup. rides well and still does well in the occasional auto-x. Oil catch can is working well too. (in 6k mileage, its probably picked up a oz of oil)

196k and counting!

-

and my oil catch can setup.

-

What is the purpose of the sock or wristband? Ive seen *** knows how many people have 'em and never knew what it does?

Wanna shed light on my lost mind?
grin.gif

hahah, good question mike!

Its basically this "JDM" (japanese doemestic trend) going outta control.

A honda tuner in japan, called "spoon sports" made small wristbands called "resevior covers" for the clutch resevior and brake resviors. Spoon says they actually keep the lid on during hard driving, and absorb some mositure in the area before it effects the fluid.

Most people get em for that "JDM bling" factor. I have transfomers ones because I think its funny.

I got a alignement done at firestone, and the guy was soo confused. I told him I dont need the curteosy check, but he did it anyways and then asked me

"why do you guys have wristbands on your car! do you do laundry now for your car too???"

hahahh

yup, the trends in Ca, are pretty much past that stage. the "JDM" stuff is pretty much the current "rice."

I see a lot more people getting involved in the mechanical/tuning aspects, which is good to know.

Nice car...

I'm interested to know what kind of repairs you've had to put into this accord in the last 190k miles.

I'm guessing just brake pads and fluid/filter changes, since the accords are so bullet-proof.

Well, underwarrenty it had a couple of repairs.

1. motor mounts (2)

2. master brake clynder (sp..too late)

----other than that, normal drive belts/spark plugs/ etc. I only changed over to syn about 40k ago, and that went well. the car does get driven hard, but is my daily commuter as well.

the only weak point in these accords is the tranny. make sure to flush em and change the fluids often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back