My 2016 Camry and $? for a newer Tacoma 4x4

BIL is trying to keep me from buying another heap. My 2016 Camry has less than 60K miles. Most of its mileage has been a 50mile round trips to my daughter's and medical appointments. I miss having an old truck, but not enough to crawl under it to keep it going. What if I traded in the Camry and some money to put me into a 2019-ish Tacoma 4x4 with the 4 cyl and just enough off road capability to get me to the beach. How much of my grandkid's legacy will it take to make this happen? I have never traded in a car. They normally get sold for scrap. School me in this plz TIA

Last edited:
bad time to buy cars but 20k I would wildly guess.

I would very roughly estimate your vehicle to be 15-20k, and a 19 tacoma 4x4 32-25k
+ taxes (used pay full tax) and other fees.

If you could wait a year and go ford maverick that would be new and considerably cheaper and better mpg.

Yah, I know about used Tacomas, and this being a bad time... .But I could use the Tacoma for dump runs, getting garden stuff. I have 40yrs of accumulated stuff of little value but of great potential to get rid of. I can't get much marsh hay in the trunk of the Camry. I'm retired and we have another 2016 Camry for any road trips. How is the above for a rationalization?
Rand, There is noway that I'm up for a brand new Ford Front wheel drive/ monocoque structure. Thanks, but no. :cool:

Back