My 2012 Fiat 500 has been flawless 🤷‍♂️

I picked it up in 2012 off my neighbor for 12K with only 600 miles and I just hit 140,000 miles. I guess I'm as shocked as anyone based on all the bad reviews but my GF and I still love driving this car. It's in perfect condition and has only needed maintenance, and a few door handles (Poor design).

Last edited:
Some would say that's impossible
coffee2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Harrington
Originally Posted by Skippy722
Some would say that's impossible
coffee2.gif

...‚ðŸ‘

How does it drive? Is it like driving a go kart? Secretly, I want an Abarth lol

It's the misinformation age. I know an older lady who walks her dogs (she rescues dogs) the same place I walk my one dog. She has one of those, and says she loves it.

Thing is that these cars are simple, the problem is that the people who bought them didn't have any money to do reasonable maintenance and that is why they show problems.

When taken care of reasonably they are generally very reliable and good cars for the money.

Originally Posted by AC1DD
Thing is that these cars are simple, the problem is that the people who bought them didn't have any money to do reasonable maintenance and that is why they show problems.

When taken care of reasonably they are generally very reliable and good cars for the money.

Sorry man, but that's bull. I'm glad the op has had no problems, but he is the exception not the rule when it comes to Fiats.

Originally Posted by JustinH
I never got a car to 140k in Buffalo, they all rotted in half before 100k.

Same. But it's usually around that 10-12yr old point when the rust belt takes too big a toll.

this post just seems like a terrible idea--like the cyclist talking about how they never get flats despite riding in thorn country. Somethings you just don't say out load!

The good news is the folks in the maintenance section will be glad to help out since you've massively jinxed yourself.

Originally Posted by Harrington
.... and a few door handles (Poor design).

You can't say something is "flawless" when you lterally have to keep fixing a flawed design. Fake news.

Originally Posted by JOD
this post just seems like a terrible idea--like the cyclist talking about how they never get flats despite riding in thorn country. Somethings you just don't say out load!

The good news is the folks in the maintenance section will be glad to help out since you've massively jinxed yourself.

Okay flawless except for the door handles.
lol.gif

The door handle thing is baffling. I haven't heard of handle problems since the Malaise era when some cars on dealers lots were missing them.

"Oh don't worry sir, we will take of that before you drive it off the lot".

Meanwhile the dealership tech was removing a door handle off of another car to make you whole.

Nothing unusual here. Just that BITOG members generally dislike anything Fiat or Chrysler for that matter based on internet gossip and not because they have actually owned a Fiat. I've had half a dozen of them and they are fun to drive, get good gas mileage and are easy to work on. Can't wait for a warm day to finally drop the top on the Abarth I got recently. It's one of the few cars I've bought that I'd turn into a keeper, but they sell so well I never do.

[Linked Image from fototime.com]

[Linked Image from fototime.com]

Back