My #1 Service Station Gripe!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's your #1 gripe? 🤔

[Linked Image]

If only that was the only inconsiderate thing the debased heathens did. You could start with the way they drive.

I actually remember being at a c-store in Minnesota where the card reader was down. I pulled away from the pump (thinking I was being considerate) drove the twenty feet up to the store front, went inside to pay and was chewed out by the employee for attempting a drive-off.

Originally Posted by csandste
I actually remember being at a c-store in Minnesota where the card reader was down. I pulled away from the pump (thinking I was being considerate) drove the twenty feet up to the store front, went inside to pay and was chewed out by the employee for attempting a drive-off.

Don't know if it is still the case in Maryland, but in my driver's-Ed days, I was told doing that WAS a drive-off, legally speaking.

I had a similar incident at a Speedway in KY, let the gas pump while I popped the hood and checked the oil-got yelled at for "walking away from the pump while it was running"! Needless to say, corporate got a phone call on that witch!

I read that article on Jalopnik yesterday....spot on. I'd call BS on that drive off thing.....the gas station parking lot is NOT a public road, so ergo, it's not considered a drive off.

I'd chew them out for a non-functioning reader.

I get it, sometimes things break; but when the reader doesn't work (or it's out of paper) I will leave my car in front of the pump. I'm usually miffed: I try hard not to block pumps in general (I rarely need to run in but if I do, I move the car first) but when the pump is broken (and I consider the money aspect part of the pump now), I'll block for however long.

It is annoying when all pumps are in use but only half of the cars have someone with it. When it's dead then I don't care--as long as there are pumps open, who gives a rip. Otherwise, have some consideration.

Unlike most people, I always pay CASH.

Sometimes when I travel, I go inside to prepay, I may have to wait for the guy buying $100 in lottery tickets. Then if I need change, I have to wait for the little old lady buying $50 in lottery tickets.

Lots of "skimmers" in pumps in Florida.

When traveling, I often see how many miles I traveled, what my indicated mpg shows, calculate how many gallons it will take, then multiply by the price per gallon. (I do this in my head). Then when I go inside to prepay, I round down to the nearest quarter.

Don't have to worry about skimmers getting my credit card information.

Works for me.

Originally Posted by ctrcbob
Unlike most people, I always pay CASH. Sometimes when I travel, I go inside to prepay, I may have to wait for the guy buying $100 in lottery tickets. Then if I need change, I have to wait for the little old lady buying $50 in lottery tickets.

Same here. Since I retired I do all of my refueling very early. That way the place is all but empty. Plenty of open pumps, nice and cool out, and I don't have to put up with all the lottery ticket buyers. The cafeteria crowd. People straining their eyes, while bending over the counter to find the cheapest pack of cigarettes. Or the 78 ounce "Bladder Buster" soda buyers. Pay, pump, and go.

Originally Posted by billt460
Or the 78 ounce "Bladder Buster" soda buyers. Pay, pump, and go.

AM/PM has those cups, err i mean jugs of soda pop. Nobody needs that much soda... nobody!âš ï¸

Originally Posted by Ws6
I don't really have any service station complaints.

As a grammar police nitpick, there are very few service stations any more. They're all filling stations that make most of their money off of the convenience store.

I was sitting at a Shell Station for almost ten minutes and no one bothered to come outside, pump some Ethyl, clean the windscreen and air up the tires or even check my oil and radiator!

What is this World coming to?!
Bunch of lazy-bones and they want a pay increase?!

Here we have people refueling gas cans in the pickup truck bed,

Refueling while vehicles are running.

Refueling while smoking a cig.

Double pumping (using one side of the pump to fill cars on both sides (usually with reward redemption gas such as fuelperks+)

etc.. all way more serious than the Weak rant posted in the OP.

I agree with her. It's plain rude. Most of these places have open parking spots right near the front door. Move your darn car to one of them when not using the pump.

The wait inside is exactly the reason I will never pay cash for gas.

Hate it when the pump won't print out the receipt. Hard to believe it's not deliberate, knowing you will come inside and once there, hopefully buy something.

The gas station I go to says no truck parking along the curb area away from the pumps, so since I drive a truck I park at the pumps. I'm pretty sure why they say no trucks, they mean semis but it does say Texas truck on my license plate, so.......Anyways I don't think the cops can write a ticket on private property unless they get a complaint from the gas station

Last edited by a moderator:
I would rather have a driver or two mad at me for leaving my vehicle there, then have the police called on me for attempting a drive-off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back