My '01 Grand Marquis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did a bit of detailing today, so I thought I'd post some pictures. Odometer reads 232,275 km (145,170 miles) right now, and since this is BITOG:

Engine oil: Liqui-Moly Synthoil Energy 0W-40 with MOS2
Oil filter: Motorcraft FL-820S
Air filter: Motorcraft FA-1032
Coolant: 50/50 mix of Motorcraft Gold G-05 and distilled water
ATF & PSF Liqui-Moly Top Tec ATF 1200 Synthetic (meeting Mercon V spec)
Differential: Motorcraft Premium Rear Axle Lubricant 80W-90 with 40 ml MOS2 differential additive
Fuel: 98 RON (94 AKI) summer/91 RON (87 AKI) winter
Fuel additive: Liqui-Moly Ventil Sauber Valve Cleaner (150 ml per fill up)
Tires: Michelin Energy MXV4 Plus (225/60-16)
Battery: Deka Silver Maintenance Free 6AG65MF (675 CCA)

If anybody's interested, I started by washing it using 4 times the recommended strength of Black Magic Wet Shine. Once that was done, I used Sonax Silicone & Wax Remover, followed by some wet sanding with 5,000 grit sandpaper. Previous owner's gotten several body panels painted, and the quality of workmanship is pathetic. Considering she's going in for a bare metal respray once I get all the mods and whatnot sorted, I figured why not. Followed that up with Sonax Paintwork Cleaner and Mothers Professional Rubbing Compound. Next step was Meguiar's #20 Polymer Sealant. Last step was Liqui-Moly Hart-Wachs.

Interior wise, cleaned up the dashboard and other trim peices with Liqui-Moly Auto-Innenraum-Reiniger. Engine compartment, I just cleaned up with spray water/detergent and a brush.
55.gif

dsc00076.jpg

dsc00077.jpg

dsc00078.jpg

dsc00084.jpg

Possible continuation of Onion's coolant filter experiment? Curiosity got to me, just installed a WIX 33032 into the line that goes from the top of the radiator into the reservoir:
dsc00089.jpg

Exactly 8,609 km (5,380 miles) on the oil (no make up oil added):
dsc00091.jpg

dsc00102.jpg

dsc00094.jpg

dsc00099.jpg

Originally Posted By: CROWNVIC4LIFE
That car looks AWESOME!!!!!!!!....I wish I had you for a neighbor!...That engine is so clean you can eat off of it!

grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: cryption
How common are American V8s like GMQ and Crown Vic in Kuwait?

Very popular. In my neighbourhood of 10 houses, there are 3 Crown Victorias and 4 Grand Marquis. 8 out of 10 cars sold at the Ford dealer is one of these. Plus you got the usual Tahoe/Yukon/Suburban and their pick-up siblings, the Australian Caprice and the Dodge Charger (although the V6 is most common for that one).

Originally Posted By: pbm
What is the price of gasoline in Kuwait?

91 RON/87 AKI: 20 cents/litre (80 cents/gallon)
95 RON/91 AKI: 22 cents/litre (88 cents/gallon)
98 RON/94 AKI: 31 cents/litre ($1.24/gallon)
95 RON/91 AKI Euro 4: $1/litre ($4.00/gallon)

Originally Posted By: TooManyWheels
Interesting architecture on those surrounding buildings. Is that typical for the region?

Pretty much.
55.gif

Last edited:
The Euro 4 is expensive, partly because it is imported from abroad. Albeit, it's imported from the government's refineries like the 98 RON, but I'm not sure what makes it expensive. Could be they are sourcing it from someone else, I don't know.

I use the $1.24 stuff, because it is a top tier gas and my car runs so much better on it. I tried the 80 cent gas, which is 87 AKI, but it wasn't nice to drive after wards.

The wheels are a bit of a pain to clean, although not as bad as the optional lacy-spoke wheels. I will be putting on some Crown Victoria LX Sport wheels, along with a monochrome paint job, once I move onto cosmetics.
55.gif

Originally Posted By: Falcon_LS

I will be putting on some Crown Victoria LX Sport wheels, along with a monochrome paint job, once I move onto cosmetics.
55.gif

That will look awesome on it for sure!

Yeah I'm looking forward to it! Will get the LXS wheels redone in black chrome as well.
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back