MUST have product for next car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.pro-tectfilm.com/

Friend of mine saw this at the SEMA show said you can't tell it's even on the car. My front bumber is already scratched up pretty good for rocks on the highway. Today a truck shattered a rock and part of it hit my from bumper.

We sell that for new cars at the dealership I work at. It is a similar product called "Road Block". Takes the installer about 2-3 hours to put on what looks like glorified saran wrap. After it is done it is unnoticable except when up close to the vehicle. They claim it has no UV filters so the paint will fade at the same rate. Also claim that it can be peeled off anytime.

Seems to work ok. The film is more noticable on certain colored cars, black especially.

have used the same stuff as number plate backgrounds and as protectors for the backgrounds for well over 15 years. also on our sprint cars as leading edge protective in clear or colors also for a long time. back in the day I put some on headlights that seemed to get busted alot . nissan lowered pickup. went 196,000 and religiously changed the oil in at 30k or so... treated that truck like crap, still went 200k or close when it finally busted 2 pistons yet still drove it home... lol.
anyway, clear cover isn't new, just a marketed version in this manner is. good idea though. surprised its taken this long....
44H

Isn't there also a big name (Dupont or 3M?) version of this? I saw a new car in silver with it on, and the edge was pretty noticable. It cost $500 or $600! How is it not going to get small scratches all over it? When it's removed, how can the covered section look the same as the exposed section? Anyway, I have managed to psych myself into thinking the stone chips and bug marks make my car look tough, kinda like a race car. I'm more worried about the windshield.

I think the stuff we sell is the DuPont version. It is an aftermarket company that installs it at our dealership. Like Tosh said, I think it is over 500 dollars. I personally wouldnt buy it, but it seems to be a very popular option for people buying new cars.

Xpel is the 3M stuff. It's also good but thicker and more noticable according to my friend who saw both of them. I'm just p#ssed bc my car is about 11 months old and I now have 3 nasty scratches on the front bumper. Luckily they are all towards the low end of the bumper.

Yup. I've used xpel/clear bra on the headlights of my previous car. They cost me over $400, so I thought I'd protect them.
smile.gif
Putting this stuff on takes a bit of practice.

I put this stuff on my car after my first 80 mile round trip to work (I had a chunk knocked out of my bumper about 1/4" square. Since then, approximately 8 months, I have yet to get even a hint of a second ding. As far as I can tell this stuff is great. I'm quite sure I would have had significantly more damage than the $350-400.00 it cost. I started to order the stuff and do it myself. I'm glad I didn't. The installers did a true professional job. Looks like it came out of the factory. You have to be right on top of it to notice it's there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back