Must Find Specific Spec.

Greetings all,

Feeling a bit stunned that I haven't been able to ascertain the correct info on my own, but in any event, and after a solid hour of searching, I'd like to ask for help now to determine EXACTLY which 0W20 engine oil (Full Syn., Blend, or Conventional) that Nissan specifies (to satisfy an expensive extended-warranty) for my daughters recently purchased 2018 Nissan Sentra SV (1.8) engine oil.

Here's a link to the Owners Manual - https://owners.nissanusa.com/conten...ides/Sentra/2018/2018-Sentra-owner-manual.pdf - but I'll be darned if I can figure it out. I'm hoping to get by with no more than a Blend, but will absolutely spend extra for Synth. if necessary.

Thanks in advance,
g

Wow you guys work quick ... horribly set-up Manual if you ask me, but p. 433 looks like the best place to look (though as with most manuals, there are references to motor oil in a couple or three different places).

It says you need API SN/ILSAC GF-5 or later. Most 0W-20 will be syn, there's a handful of blends, for 0W-20, I'd recommend store brand syn over any of the blends you can find.
"store brand" as opposed to what (sorry, not clear what you mean)..?

"store brand" as opposed to what (sorry, not clear what you mean)..?
Castrol GTX Ultra-Clean or Pennzoil Gold, there's a few other lesser known brands of 0W-20 syn blends, they're not very common and the name brand syn blends are actually more expensive, like GTX Ultra clean for example is like $23 a jug but Supertech full syn 0w-20 at walmart is $18, syn blend 0w-20 pretty much have no business existing they're generally right on the edge of the API NOACK volatility requirements, and a synthetic 0W-20 is a much better choice.

Nothing special required, pick any API certified 0w-20 and go with it.
Yes that is how I understood the manual before i posted the question here, and was really hoping that someone who knows more than me would confirm it as their understanding as well. Thanks much.

Page 10-7, nothing special. 0W-20 API SN, which means API SP also, because SP supersedes SN. Should be many oil brands available that meet that basic spec.

Capture+_2022-03-17-23-44-10-1.png

Back