Musician Dies After Being Attacked by Coyotes

Status
Not open for further replies.
This appears to be from the same shoot.

alg_taylor_mitchell.jpg

Originally Posted By: Steve S
That is why Coyotes should be shot on site.

For what? Coyotes will never be wiped out, any more than crows or rats or cockroaches.
Sad that she got killed, but it's a pretty rare thing considering how many coyotes are hanging around.
I see a couple of coyotes every week, and I don't live in the woods.

A gun would have prevented this. I never venture out without one. Its not always people you have to be careful around. Sad story. She had alot of life ahead of her......

Originally Posted By: AzFireGuy79
A gun would have prevented this. I never venture out without one. Its not always people you have to be careful around. Sad story. She had alot of life ahead of her......

Agreed. Nothing like a Colt Anaconda to really make quick work of a Coyote
grin2.gif
Though I'd rather a McMillan TAC-50.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: Captain_Klink
coyotes are normally very shy, and mainly eat mice. this is very out of character.

+1

"The incident is very out of character for the normally shy animals, but the park had received some reports of aggressive animals in the past.."

Bad economy??

Last edited:
A gun would have prevented this. I never venture out without one.

It's possible, but the coyotes might have had rabies/(rabbis?
grin2.gif
) and were laying in wait for her as she walked by. If the coyotes were fast, she probably would not have been able to draw her weapon fast enough.

You can't just walk around here in Canada with a gun. I don't personally know anyone who would want to either.

Weird, I was just there last month. Nova Scotia is awesome..

Originally Posted By: greenaccord02
Originally Posted By: SLCraig
You can't just walk around here in Canada with a gun. I don't personally know anyone who would want to either.

I would want to.

But you don't live in Canada.

Thats too bad! Thank you second amendment! I think alot of people in canada might want the "choice" to carry a gun, but the gevernment gets in the way of that.

I repectfully and completely disagree with canadas policies on guns. Sorry, but if you are in the wilderness it is not only wise, but your human right to carry a gun to protect from not only wild animals, but also unsavory people that probably don't have your best interest in mind.

Nothing like the beauty of mother nature, and of course my M-4
grin2.gif

where else would you shoot them ?

Originally Posted By: Shannow

where else would you shoot them ?

off site, back in the office.

aren't coyotes small pooches? wolves i understand, maybe i just don't know coyotes well enough.

edit, my bad. i guess they can be ferocious enough.

Last edited:
From a related story: "Coyotes are very shy animals," Gadbois said. "To me, this looks like two yearlings with very little hunting experience, probably very hungry, maybe a little bit desperate."

She was hiking alone in a National Park, it's not as if they crept into her bedroom and attacked her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back