Muscle Rubs (Bengay, Icy Hot, etc.)

Who here uses them besides me?
I was a pipe fitter/welder (pipe fitter 98% of the time) for 39 years. I am right handed but for all those years I always carried pipe on my left shoulder. And, I have been feeling it in my left shoulder/rotator cuff since retiring. I have seen a Dr. about it and she suggested a shoulder/rotator cuff surgery. But in the mean time she suggested a muscle rub when it acts up.
I have been using WM's brand of Icy Hot and Bengay with okay results. This past Friday one of my neighbors gave me a roll on bottle of Professional BIOFREEZE. Man, that stuff works! I have been using it for only 3 days now and am wondering where my shoulder pain went?
Does anyone else here use a muscle rub, specifically BIOFREEZE? I hear BLU EMU is some good stuff too.

My gf makes a homemade mixture of fresh rosemary leaves and isopropyl alcohol and massages me with it when I'm sore. I swear it's magical!!

Reactions: JC1
My gf makes a homemade mixture of fresh rosemary leaves and isopropyl alcohol and massages me with it when I'm sore. I swear it's magical!!

Luckily I don’t have to use anything like that lol but funny names.
Bengay has been around for decades. In fact, a track runner passed away from its use. I'm very careful to not use them for extended periods of time.

Salonpas with Lidocain works for me, my old bones creak and groan when I get up in the morning. :LOL:

Bengay has been around for decades. In fact, a track runner passed away from its use. I'm very careful to not use them for extended periods of time.
I’ve heard of that my friend uses it. It’s unfortunate he passed from a lot of use of the product.

Try the rosemary/isopropyl mix BlueOval. You'll be amazed at how it makes you feel. Make sure it's fresh rosemary leaves from the actual plant and mix the rosemary in a very high concentration. And the longer the mixture sits in the bottle, the better it gets.

One of my teachers that was also a coach in High School said you can use mustard for pain relief it doesn’t smell good but works according to him lol 😂.

I just hit the dg for you.
Mineral Ice was a favorite. Now the no name brands are a dollar.

Attachments

• 20201108_150307_HDR.jpg
    20201108_150307_HDR.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 44
  • 20201108_145831.jpg
    20201108_145831.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 44
I run my bath water as hot as I can stand it and soak. This works best for me. I've never used rosemary but find that isopropyl alcohol alone relieves joint pain. Even a healthy dose of hand sanitizer will loosen my knuckles enough to pop and get close to normal.

The Professional Biofreeze is really good. It works in a subtle way. I have used the roll on for low back pain with good success. Roll it on and about 39 minutes later you realize the pain is greatly reduced. Get the Professional. The regular stuff in the stores is not the same.

The Salonpas Lidocaine Plus liquid roll on is good for nerve pain. I use it on my neck.

Theragesic is a older menthol-camphor-salicylic acid cream that works very well if you want the heating effect. I haven’t seen it on shelves much lately.

Back