Muscle cars and parts on Ebay!

Status
Not open for further replies.
crazy2.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayIS...hlink:middle:us

Classic Pack rat; parts in the refrigerator, hanging from rafters...
smirk2.gif

Probably one those guys that are so ridiculously overpriced they rarely sell anything, and thus end up a$$ deep in 48 years worth of used car parts.
12.gif

Originally Posted By: TooManyWheels
I think the global trends will really hit the Musclecar hobby hard. The worth of that collection may not be what he thinks.

Right, I'd say with the land it's worth half of the asking price, at best.

They obviously have no idea the amount of time involved in creating Ebay listings. Writing descriptions, taking good pictures, answering questions, estimating shipping costs, packing, shipping, etc.

They see Chevy flywheel bolts go for $200 on Ebay and think; "I have a coffee can full of those bolts, I can get that same $200 over and over again".
banana2.gif

Doesn't work that way, the first high selling price may have been a fluke, (i.e. two maniacs in a bidding war), and the price can drop with subsequent listings- supply and demand.

The "spend your home equity on a 60's-70's car" fad is over. Everyone's home equity has been spent (I'm spending my kids inheritance bumper sticker comes to mind). We're in for a shocker ..and what was the $300-$500/month hobby distraction of the average "man-guy" is soon to be yanked HARD into retreat. The whole idea of it says that you make way too much money. It seems the market agreed and relieved the population of this crushing burden.

I've actually seen people (sorta) boast that they had $30k into a Sunday only driver. I always thought that they paid way too much for what they got.

Originally Posted By: alreadygone
Pretty sure that's been listed on and off for 2-3 years now. Believe it's been posted here at least once before.

Bob

Yup. It's been posted just about everywhere. I think the video is on u-tube.

Last edited:
To be truthful, I'm shocked he can't sell it. Even with the credit crunch, the classic-car hobby is still an area where BIG money is to be made....a lot of those cars could be sold for restorable for a lot of money. Have you seen the price of old Darts, Dusters, Torino's...etc.?

Then again, maybe I'm just too much of a car guy, but if I had the money, I'd snap it up, catalogue it, and be off to the races....

Dude selling seems like a loser. He/she/it seems to want to just dump the stuff for BIG bucks. What is the really story here? Old man died, some relative selling?

Indeed there is a LOT of garbage there. Some good stuff, most is junk. If they want top dollar then everything (including the property) should be in top shape. That's how the market usually works unless.....we are watching "Flip this Junqueyard"

I think this may be basically a viral video marketing campaign for his parts. He gets a whole lot of exposure on forums like this one for almost nothing.

He keeps trying to sell the whole kit 'n kaboodle which is a logistical nightmare. Plus you have ford guys who don't want chevy parts etc.

Just auction one car at a time.

Maybe bring in an expert from the field who can work on commission.

Even otherwise it's a logistical nightmare for the owner. How do you market this iron?... whole cars?... parts?... on eBay or specific enthusiast sites? Then there's pictures, e-mails, boxing, crating, and shipping!

For the sake of all the restorers out there, it should be done regardless.

eljefino has the right idea. This'd be a good job for someone retired (or a kid).

"Indeed there is a LOT of garbage there. Some good stuff, most is junk."

Really NOT trying to start a fight here Pabs, but I think you are out-to-lunch with this statement. I didn't analyze the pics, but I saw a fair few big-block Chev, Pontiac, etc...engines, which are getting as rare as hens teeth, plus all the interior and trim pieces, plus intakes, carbs, air cleaner assemblies...sure, a lot of it needs cleaning up, but I bethcha if someone was an 'expert' and had a close look, there is a lot of rare stuff there just waiting to be discovered. For guys doing OEM resto's on muscle cars, there are not a lot of places to score this stuff anymore...

On a comical note, until I saw these pictures, I've never seen a Ford Granada with a console-shift! Didn't even know it WAS an option!

"Ships to: Will arrange for local pickup only (no shipping)."

crackmeup2.gif

There's some gems in there. Saw a stash of 3 deuce setups for Mopars, Pontiacs, and flat head fords. Those aren't exactly easy to find, along with original Rochester 2 barrels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back