Murray Riding Mowers

Has Murray gone out of business again? I know they went bankrupt a while back and Briggs and Stratton bailed them out the last time since they owed them the most.I noticed this last spring and summer there were no Murray mowers nowhere even at Walmart.I always loved the rear engine 30 inch riding mower for my 3/4 acre yard.I can lift it by myself to change the blade at least three times a season.My first 8HP 30 inch Murray I had from 1995 to 2013 and the only thing I had to replace was the tooth gear on the steering and tubes in the tires so I didn't have to pump them up every other use.My second 30 inch mower was a Craftsman with a 420cc engine but my wife tried to take out a 40 year old poplar tree and bent everything where it would cost more to repair than what it was worth.Fast forward to 2019 I purchased another Murray 30 inch and I hope I get the service from this one as I take good care of my equipment.I know MTD makes all the small rear engines for all brands but the price is ridiculous for the other mowers as they went up several hundred dollars.Hope Murray can still hang in there.

I have a 2003 Murray rider with the 13.5HP B&S. It's been great. The only thing I've replaced all these years is a starter solenoid, a belt here and there and brake pads. I bought new rear tires this past Spring. She keeps chugging along.

Has Murray gone out of business again? I know they went bankrupt a while back and Briggs and Stratton bailed them out the last time since they owed them the most.I noticed this last spring and summer there were no Murray mowers nowhere even at Walmart
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-58643717
_120646594_gettyimages-1341613072.jpg

Even if the mowers are assembled in USA (and I think they are) a lot of parts aren't.

Back