MS Edge Cycles CPU Causing Skipping of Typing

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is when using new Microsoft Edge + Windows 10.....

When typing an email in Yahoo, the CPU is cycling from around 2% to 60% about every 5 seconds. Typed letters wen it cycles up do not go into the email.
mad.gif

This is on my new HP Envy with a I7 Processor & 65 Mbps connection!

Here's what happens:

1) Typing like normal, then the CPU (& fans) rev up.

2) I can type the keys, but the letters do not go into the email.

3) I get a small blue circle and it doesn't go away until I click back into the email.

4) I can type normal, letters go into the email, until the CPU rev's up again and the typed letters do not show up.

So. I open up Firefox. Go to Yahoo Mail and start typing an email.
There is NO CPU cycling (stays at 1%) and NO delay in typing!

What's up with that??

Don't just say use Firefox... (I may, but want to know why this is happening...)

Thanks!
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Turk

Don't just say use Firefox... (I may, but want to know why this is happening...)

Software has bugs.

You can either tolerate the bugs, or use something else.

Unless there is a software engineer here that specifically created Edge, you're unlikely to get any answer aside from speculation.

Is this reproducible on Firefox or chrome? If no yahoo needs to work out their bug in edge to get around this and report to m$.

I am a web architect and we do not test much on edge yet.

Originally Posted By: madRiver
Is this reproducible on Firefox or chrome? If no yahoo needs to work out their bug in edge to get around this and report to m$.

I am a web architect and we do not test much on edge yet.

Thanks madRiver.
It does not happen on Firefox.

While installing Windblows 10 on a couple computers over the last couple days I was presented with some options that may explain your problems. It seems Microshaft thinks they can "improve" your typing by adjusting the timing or something, Or the CPU is just busy because MS snooping is resource heavy?? I used Edge just once, to download Firefox.
vlcsnap-2015-07-16-07h26m35s092.png

Last edited:
Do you think Microsoft is catching up with Google in terms of how much they invade your electronic life? I'm not demonizing either one, but I think Microsoft has been much more hands-off than Google. Even in Windows 10 the questions like those shown by asand1 above allow you to easily turn off the nosiness.

Google is a service provider and so mining your data pays their bills.

M$ sells a product and includes connectivity features many people will like to assimilate them into their ether-verse. There are on/off switches because M$ has been sued in the past for bundled feature you could not opt out of. There are more possible security risks you may want to look into Win10 before you jump on board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back