MPG UP with GC gold

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just the preliminary report, but today I filled up my GTI with 10.624 gallons and had 352 on the odometer, which brings me to 33.13 MPG.

I ran Mobil 1 0w-40 before and was usually between 29 and 30 MPG.

With Mobil I usually waited until I was almost on reserve.

This is the first fill up and I was not fully out, so I will post next time I fill up again.

I experienced an MPG increase of as high as 2 mpg myself with GC (Green) in my Taurus 3.0L.

What happened to your German accent pscholte?

I guess zee Germans got this right. I hope the MPG stays at 33, which would be really good.

Oh mein Herr, ShtoicDute...if I had been shpeaking about zee Audi, zen I vould hoff hot zee accent, but since I vas shpeaking about zee Fort, well then, good buddy, the accent remained on zee...er...the shelf. Ja? I mean yes?

Hey pscholte - you really have over 200 quarts of GC? LOL! and my relatives thought I was crazy getting 20 quarts
smile.gif
lol that is seriously awesome. Those GC elves better be showering blessings on you!
offtopic.gif
What do you think about GC Gold vs GC Green?

On Topic:
As for me - I was constantly getting just under 30 mpg with Mobil 5w30. When I switched to GC I've gotten 32, and 33 for my last two gas ups. (Pontiac Sunfire 2004, 2.2L Ecotec)

OH21,

Absolutely I do: 223 to be exact; the Gold is a more advanced formula than the Green so in that sense, it is "better." Understand that The Green will always be special because it was the beginning of all this...and well...because it is THE Green!
cheers.gif

Well, to be in defence of "Herr Pscholte", he's not alone, there are another fanatic followers of the "THE GREEN ELVES" & GREEN GC....for one like me, I have 112 LITERES of GC (I just added 7L today to my collection of GC GREEN). I just have 2 cars to take care of, 2001 Honda Cr-V and a 2002 Intrepid 3.5 R/T.

Herr Pcsholte......

I
worshippy.gif
to the elves, you and the GC for you Opened my Eyes to the ELVES and GC, since then me and my vehicles have been in Heven.

[ February 04, 2006, 11:47 PM: Message edited by: r961161 ]

I've got a 136 qt stash of all GREEN just for 1 car (4.5 qts per 5K OCI for a 8.3 years supply). The elves affliction hit hard here in that I hoarded ...errrah, gathered that in 8 weeks or less.
grin.gif

Anyone know if there is anymore GC Green here in Southern California? I've gone to 3 Autozones and they all have large stockpiles of gold but no green.

Also, is it safe to mix GC Green with GC Gold if I ever do find some GC Green?
tongue.gif

You guys with 100+ quarts of GC - I am guessing oil has a long shelf life?

curious, do i just ask for stock of "German Castrol Green" when i call up Autozone/Advance/Napa? i've heard of Castrol, but never it's german derivative.

Most of the Autozone people won't know what you are talking about. Out of the 3 Autozones out here in CA - none of the service reps knew what I was talking about.

Go to their oil section and look for a black and red CASTROL 0w30. Next, check for MADE IN GERMANY. It will conform to specs for BMW, Porsche, and VW.

All other castrol (5w30, etc...) is a group III.

quote:

Anyone know if there is anymore GC Green here in Southern California? I've gone to 3 Autozones and they all have large stockpiles of gold but no green.

I know some places in the the San Diego county that have had some Green on the shelves the last time I checked.

quote:

curious, do i just ask for stock of "German Castrol Green" when i call up Autozone/Advance/Napa? i've heard of Castrol, but never it's german derivative.

The only chain that carries GC is Autozone.

quote:

All other castrol (5w30, etc...) is a group III.

It's not a sure thing anymore.
5w-40 looks as robust as GC and conforms to the mostly the same standards.
10w-40 seems to be pretty close too.
Only GC has been fully analyzed in order to break down its basestocks.
It seems that Castrol is in the process of reformulating the rest of the Syntec line.

Right, I forgot about that vad. Are you talking about the 5w40 made in Belgium or something like that?

As for the normal 5w30 Castrol <-- in comparison to other oils on Amsoil's website - it did really well. On other websites in my best oil searching days Castrol 5w30 was rated really high in comparison to everything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back