It cost a lot of cash

But then, it IS an Elvish brew
That sits upon my shelves
And so I bought a lot of oil
From my gute Freunde the Elves

LOL yes -
lol.gif
cheers.gif
we all must live up to pscholte's standards. Everyone must have 100+ quarts of GC (gold/green) by the end of Feb!
tongue.gif

Now to figure out how to get rid of my 6 quarts of Mobil 1 5w30 (full syn)... The ELVES don't like it in their presence!

In keeping with the crux of the thread, which was rolled over...
I just came back from a trip of 540 miles in the Intrepid. Put gold in about 1500 miles ago. My average with MC 5/30 or Mobil 7500 was 28.2 Highway. I just confirmed the 500 mile trip with GC to be 29.8 MPG. Best I ever had...

Well I guess THAT should make you
fruit.gif
but it is too bad you couldn't squeeze .2 more out; I know it was that guy in the Acura who caused you to accelerate just a little too briskly at a couple of stoplights...we understand.
wink.gif

I've been searching through the past postings and one thing I see is pscholte's poems about GC
smile.gif

That is probably the most awesomest thing on this site.

Inspires all of us with
Thanks pscholte!

I've been consistently getting better MPG ever since I've put GC Gold in my car. I would like to attribute this to keeping my car washed & waxed, PSI up correctly, and better driving thanks to a ScanGuage.
Too many variables!
grin.gif

One thing for sure: GC had a positive effect on my car all over!!!

audi_guy, the pictures in that link show the bottles of Green GC as compared to the bottles of Non-GC

The Green and Gold GC bottles are exactly the same.
The only way to tell them apart is by looking at the batch numbers (5 first digits) printed on the bottom.
Green GC starts with M02XXXXXX and ends with M05010XXXX batch.
Anything higher (e.g. M05284XXXXX) is Gold.

vad,

yeah I was lazy. Main thing I was pointing to with the link was the batch numbers for the GC Green and Gold and non GC. Should have cut & paste the numbers.

a_g

cheers.gif

Coop0129 - From what I've gathered - GC Gold is the NEWER formulation and GC Green is older. Most people think that GC Green is just a TAD better by .1th of an inch... According to most: Time will tell if GC Gold is as good or if not better.
grin.gif

I was reading previously about a DECREASE in mpg (along with power) with GC...the tradeoff being wear protection for those attributes.

I actually experienced a couple mpg less when I switched from Lubromoly to GC.

So, this appears to be a good oil for my vr6, or maybe 5w40. I still am not sure. Should I use the GC 0w30 in my Toyota RAV4?

Coop, it probably isn't going to matter much. IF your 5-40 shears at all, it will be similar in operating temp viscosity to the 0-30. The GC 0-30 reportedly is more shear-resistant than most oils. It would probably take a synthetic 5-40 to have a chance to stay in grade for long! Does the RAV-4 recommend a 5-30? If so, sure, GC is appropriate.

I would love to be able to purchase a bunch of GC and have it in my garage for both vehicles. I am still not too sure which oil I should stick with in my vr6, 5W-40 or 0W-30 GC. Any recommendations which would be better for my vr6? I live in Ohio, if temps make a difference.

Lucky
grin.gif
I've been to 13 Autozones out here in California and none of them have it. Although, I did get ONE quart from a ghetto autozone...

This summer I'm driving out to Iowa (visit family)... I plan on hitting all the AutoZones I can.
tongue.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back