MPG improvements with G-oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will put G-oil this Monday.Will see if there an increase. I'm monitoring difference with Two stroke oil in gas tank and without using Ultra Gauge. In my case mpg might slightly rise since I have heavier oil right now.(10w-40 + 15w-40 top offs)

There was a recent post on ester based oils in general and the ability to improve MPG. I will try to find it and add it. I do believe that Grp. V oils have good things to offer and G-Oil would be no different. I have used it in my Altima and was very pleased with the product, my Altima runs better on certain oils than others.

I haven't noticed an improvement in fuel economy in my Subaru, but have been running Royal Purple 5w-30 prior to the G-oil, which is just a little bit thicker at temperature.

I wish they would make oil just a little bit thicker. My old van likes a thicker 30 or a 40.

Originally Posted By: chubbs1
There was a recent post on ester based oils in general and the ability to improve MPG. I will try to find it and add it. I do believe that Grp. V oils have good things to offer and G-Oil would be no different. I have used it in my Altima and was very pleased with the product, my Altima runs better on certain oils than others.

Wasn't consensus on the forums that the actual amount of Grp V in G-Oil was likely minute?

Let's say that G Oil is 100% group V, just for kicks and giggles. All things being equal, maybe it'd bump up your MPG a little bit. But G Oil doesn't have the 'Energy Conserving' label on the API donut, FWIW. Typically oils without that label tend to be less 'slippery'.

Originally Posted By: chubbs1

hi chubbs1,
What EO are you using in your '10 Civic EXI ?
rgds,
fpracha

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back