MP3 tag editor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone recommend a simple MP3 tag editor? All I really want to do is change and/or embedded artwork. This is on a Windows XP machine and I have artwork at 300x300 pixels.

Windows media player will automatically download artwork, and you can edit tags in Winamp. Itunes has probably the best tag editor, but that would be anything but simple.

Originally Posted By: Shaman
Windows media player will automatically download artwork, and you can edit tags in Winamp. Itunes has probably the best tag editor, but that would be anything but simple.

I take the time to edit the tags on all my MP3s. I have about 70GB of music on my iPod for work so ya, lots of editing time.

MP3Tag is nice and open-source for one-by-one editing. Gives many fields options and compatiable with practically all (if not all) tag formats.
Google for it or get it via Chocolatey Pkg Management.

If you have a massive collection and want to at least start out with auto scanning and filling tags and artwork via online databses, use MusicBrainz Picard. It's a miracle worker. Rename, organize, tag, and embed artwork into thousands of audio files within half an hour. Google it or get it via Chocolatey PKG Management.

Not all of us have the time or the strength of mind to go one by one
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Basil
MP3Tag is nice and open-source for one-by-one editing. Gives many fields options and compatiable with practically all (if not all) tag formats.
Google for it or get it via Chocolatey Pkg Management.

If you have a massive collection and want to at least start out with auto scanning and filling tags and artwork via online databses, use MusicBrainz Picard. It's a miracle worker. Rename, organize, tag, and embed artwork into thousands of audio files within half an hour. Google it or get it via Chocolatey PKG Management.

Not all of us have the time or the strength of mind to go one by one
wink.gif

MP3tag did what I needed. Thanks for the tip.

You'd be surprised at my music collection. I've got almost 700 MP3s. That may not sound like a lot, but they're all "hand crafted", done one by one.
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back