Moxie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely! I buy a one liter bottle (gee, remember those?) once in a while, it is sold everywhere here in Massachusetts, though I don't know many people who drink it as much as I do.

I also love Polar Old West Sarsaparilla...somewhat similar product.

Where do you buy it? I've been wanted to try it for years, but I've never seen it anywhere. Maybe its only sold from PA north?

I get to southeastern PA every so often, maybe I'll look there.

I'll try it (if I can find it) but you'll have to promise to try a Big Red float with Blue Bell homemade vanilla.

Dr Pepper over same comes in a close 2nd in my book.

You can buy it on ebay if you're desperately curious.

The stuff is everywhere around here, but I can't find Jolt cola.
biggthumbcoffe.gif

Wow, here in MA nearly every store carries it, even huge corporate supermarket chains! Don't know what to tell you...keep looking I guess. I have found that truck stops in PA have lots of exotics sodas in the coolers, perhaps just look around. I enjoy drinking something different everywhere I travel.

Moxie is now only a regional thing. I can get it, along with Diet Moxie, here in southern Vermont.

I have been drinking Moxie on and off for over 40 years. When I was a kid, family friends held the Moxie bottling rights in Worcester Massachusetts, and I was able to get straight Moxie syrup. Wow! We used to put that straight on vanilla ice cream as a topping. Somebody else in the family used to mix it with milk to make a milk shake type drink.

quote:

Originally posted by kanling:
Where do you buy it? I've been wanted to try it for years, but I've never seen it anywhere. Maybe its only sold from PA north?

I get to southeastern PA every so often, maybe I'll look there.

Well, I've lived in York for 35 yrs now and have never seen it in York, Lancaster or Harrisburg.

Never even new it existed until last year? when I saw it on Food Network.

hijacking thread here....

Dr Pepper is coming out with the Imperial Pure Cane Sugar formula on a wider scale. Until nowe you could only get it in/around Dublin, Tx where the only DP plant in the world to still use real sugar operates. Or by mailorder from the Dublin plant.

Original DP used Imperial Pure Cane suger from Sugar Land, Texas. Modern formulas substituted the cheaper high fructuse corn syrup like most major soft drinks.

It does make a difference in the taste.

However recently I have found "real" DP in Schulenberg, Flatonia and Waelder along IH10. Store clerks say it is going nationwide altho haven't seen it in Houston yet. Can't find any info on the dp website.

If you don't know DP, I just can't explain the difference.....

quote:

The stuff is everywhere around here, but I can't find Jolt cola.

Jolt is everywhere around here, but I can't find Moxie. Used to be plentiful.
dunno.gif

Btw, has anybody tried the black cherry double Jolt? Talk about getting the shakes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back